Author Topic: Hematoma development  (Read 5130 times)

Offline CALAMBA

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I'm 2 months post op now (surgery may 27th) and the left side has developed quite okay. But the right side is basically the same shape as it was pre-op. My surgeon says it's probably a hematoma and we have to wait for my body to absorb it. However, the past 2 months the situation hasn't improved at all.

I'm not so sure it's a hematoma myself. When I woke up from the anasthesia and the nurse took the bandage off, I remember there already being a lump there while I still had drains in. I figured it was just swelling at the time, but it wasn't. If it's really a hematoma the blood would have left through the drains, right? Another thing that makes me question that it's a hematoma is the fact that my left nipple is not puffy and consistently the same through warm and cold, but the right side (the lumpy side) still has a puffy nipple that reacts to warm and cold. To me that seems like a sign that there is still a fair amount of breast tissue inside.

But I don't really know much about hematoma development, maybe these are very normal signs for a hematoma. So that's why I'm asking you guys. How does a hematoma develop? After hearing my story, do you think it's possible it's still a hematoma and even though there is no improvement after 2 months, there is still a chance it will improve in the coming months?

Thanks in advance!

Offline CALAMBA

• Posting Member
Here are some pictures to go with my story

Here you can see the side that has developed quite nicely. I'm very pleased with this result.

Here you can very clearly see the asymmetry in my chest. One side is has a firm nipple, the other has a puffy nipple. The red above my right nipple is just a little burn from massaging it too much, not a scar or something.

This is the lumpy side. As you can see there is a hard lump and a puffy nipple.

Offline CALAMBA

• Posting Member
Alright, for those who are in the same situation as me or those who are interested: a small update with pics!

Its been about 7 weeks since my last post and there has been improvement! Slowly the lump is getting smaller and, most importantly, my chest is becoming more symmetrical. It was already improving on its own (veeerrry slowly) but then 2 weeks ago I received Kenalog shots and since then it has been improving faster. It's not healing instantaneously (I didn't know what to expect, but I was naively hoping it would work immediately) but I feel it's healing faster than it was without the kenalog.

The symmetry is getting better; the puffyness of the right nipple is decreasing as the the puffiness of the left nipple is increasing. I don't mind that the left side is becoming a little bit more puffy, because it is now starting to look more natural. I have a feeling I also had a very small hematoma right under my left nipple, which was causing it to point outwards and now it is slowly healing and the nipple is starting to look more "relaxed".

Getting second shots next week, but I might just wait and get the second shot one or two weeks later just to see what the first shot will still do... I really don't want to overdo on the kenalog, cuz I don't want to risk discoloration or dents or whatever.

Anyway, time for pics. The lighting is a bit different now, but I think you can still see that the nipples are becoming way more symmetrical and that the whole chest is improving.

Left nipple from the side, still satisfied with the result

Front picture, you can see that it's more symmetric

Right nipple from the side, as you can see there's still a lump and it's not an acceptable final result, but it's really firming up quite well and it's definitely improving

So far, I'm starting to be more hopeful that there is sufficient tissue removed and it is indeed a hematoma that can be solved with kenalog shots and time to heal, but I still have my doubts. I really hope I won't have to go under the knife again, but I will do it if necessary, because the surgery cost a lot of money and I need to get it right.

Anyways, will keep you guys up to date on how this evolves and if the kenalog shots will be sufficient or that I will choose to go for revision after all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:25:57 PM by CALAMBA »

Offline kongking

• Bronze Member
Calamba

I'm quite interested in having KENALOG SHOTS myself, as I think I have scar tissue development around the surgery area.  May I know where you had yours administered?  Thank you.

Offline CALAMBA

• Posting Member
update: I started wearing my vest again, just to make sure that if there is indeed improvement thanks to the kenalog, my skin would firm up faster. I just took it off after wearing it 2 days and the results have never looked this good! I don't know if they stay like this or that it's just temporarily due to the vest, but like i said, it never looked this good when i wore the vest before.

i'm excited!

Offline kongking

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your response!

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Looks much better man! Keep us posted how does it look now?

Offline CALAMBA

• Posting Member
hey guys, just letting you guys know how i feel now... a year post-op! It's really weird reading back my posts... i can't believe that was me. It feels like a completely different person.

anyway, the hematoma cleared pretty well. Once it started clearing up after the kenalog I soon started forgetting about everything and went on with my life. Right now, I'm happy. Even though my chest is not perfectly flat (there's till breast- and scar tissue) I like the result. The breast tissue has reduced enough for me to feel confident in wearing any shirt I want and taking it off. I actually like the fact that my chest is not perfectly flat, because now it still feels like my body. The surgery just took off the edge that I was not able to get past when I still had my natural chest. Now, I see it and I accept it.

I just took some pics and I realised I gained weight the past 12 months.... I didn't really notice that much before... which is good. Right now, I notice that I am not obsessing about my body as much as I used to. Before my surgery I sometimes worried that I was obsessing too much about my body and that I would always want the perfect body and I would never be happy. It's good to realise that was not the case. I just needed to get this out of the way.

so here's the current pictures:

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024