Author Topic: 2 Weeks Post OP, Under Armour Compression shirt sufficient ?  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Grefer22

Hey guys,

I am another one of those guys who lived with this beast for most of my life and finally decided to do something about it! I had my surgery done exactly 12 days ago. Bilateral gynecomastia surgery and liposuction was performed.

So far, I have been healing very well. The stitches and draining tubes were removed 5 days ago, and since then I can hardly see the scar. I have been rubbing Vitamin E on my scar to help with the healing process and so far it is working quite nicely.

Obviously I have some swelling/scar tissue that is making my chest look very deformed (Concave) but I won't panic yet as I have read that it can take up to 6 Months before you can see the final result, maybe even longer. The most of the scar tissue seems to be where my draining tube was inserted causing a big lump underneath my nipples.

The nurse advised me that I need to keep the compression garment they provided me for another two days from today, two weeks total and from then,  a Under Armour type compression shirt would be sufficient for the next 2-3 months.

My question is: Is a compression shirt like the one described sufficient ? It doesn't seem to put alot of pressure on my chest. I like the idea of the compression shirt since it is much more comfortable to wear at work under my dress shirts but I am wondering if it really is the right thing to do.

What I think I'll do (unless you guys suggest me otherwise) is that I'll wear the compression shirt while I'm at work (8 hours) and then when I get home wear the compression garment  until the morning.

I'm open to suggestions, I want to reduce the swelling as much as possible as I have a trip planned down south in 2 months.

Thanks!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I would think that as long as you are wearing a compression "something", you should be fine.  The actual vest is the best thing to have on, but a shirt is better than nothing as long as it's snug enough.
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Grefer22

I got a new vest from my doctor which is much more comfortable. It actually has shoulder straps so it stays in place. My other one, when worn for an extended period of time, made pretty significant creases on my nipples. Also, I noticed that it would kind of slip off when I slept and would again make weird lines on my chest.

This new one seems to flatten out my chest nicely and I think I can already see a difference. I can wear it underneath a T-shirt without it showing too much.

I'll keep wearing my Under Armour shirt at work since the vest can be a little bulky, but as soon as I get home I'll slap on my compression vest.

I'm already very happy with my results, looking forward to seeing my final transformation!

** On a other note, the bulk of my scar tissue is where the drain tubes were inserted, about an inch beneath my nipple. This is what is making my chest look caved in. Does anybody who has had this tell me how long it too for it to "dissolve" ? I am massaging it religiously, any other tips to help the process along ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024