Author Topic: freaking out!  (Read 1716 times)

Offline gyneman100

• Posting Member
After my surgery, my left chest started filling up with fluid, so my PS drained it for me. However, a couple days later, the same side has filled up with even more fluid than before. This time, he didn't drain it, and I"m starting to regret not pushing for him to drain it further. Looking through this blog, a lot of people are saying that the build up of fluid could be a hematoma, which either takes months to heal, doesn't heal, or promotes scar tissue growth that negates the surgery. Is this true or will my body eventually absorb the fluid? and how long would that take? please someone answer :(

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Was it blood the first time? I think a hematoma is blood. Plus it would be very painful. Some fluid sloshing around is normal. I had that and it took maybe 3 or 4 days to go away.

Offline gyneman100

• Posting Member
I'm not sure what it was the first time, but i think it was a mixture of blood and something else. i remember some blood coming out, but it wasn't the only liquid. My other side has some liquid and sloshing, but is completely flat, but this one left side is HUGE. I mean right now, my liquid-bloated side is waaaaaay bigger than my chest before the surgery.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
You should contact your PS again. I had some fluid build up, especially under my armpits, which was swollen, but it's gone down considerably. I didn't have drains at all.

I could also feel some fluid in the middle of my chest, but I could only feel it, not see it at all and this was about 2-3 days after surgery. But it all started going away and come Monday June 18 it will be two weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024