Author Topic: swelling  (Read 3912 times)

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
well I'm 2 days post op i took off the compression vest for the first time today to take a shower and to see the results of the surgery and it looks like nothing was done at all..is the swelling normally that bad to where it looks like nothing was done? can i expect to see a magical difference after the swelling goes down?

Naija123

Im 1 week and a day post op and still have swelling I had local anesthesia. On the day of the surgery when i was awake to have the compression vest fitted on, i was like wtf? the only difference i had seen was no puffy and pointy nipple, other than that everything look the same. Now a weekly later things are firming up and swelling looks like it is slowly decreasing. just give it some time. Best luck

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
read my should i be concerned post. I felt the same way up to 2 and a half weeks post op. I would say by the third week you should see a noticeable difference. I had swelling, and also a large amount of liquid in my chest, that took awhile for it to go away. So just wait about three more weeks before you criticize!

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
I only had lipo done, isn't a difference supposed to be noticable right after surgery? even if it's not a huge difference, you should be able to tell something was done...they both feel the same/look the same

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Excision is a delicate process done with a very sharp instrument and it produces little post operstive swelling. Lipo is more like being beaten up by a gang of hoodlums and you might expect a lot of swelling. How fast the swelling goes down and you fully heal is unique to you. You might see the final result in a couple of weeks or it might take almost a year. A couple of months might be average.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
but with the lipo shouldn't the fat be gone? everything looks the exact same...unless what I'm seeing isn't fat anymore, and is liquid or whatever that looks the same?? who knows I have a follow-up on the 19th I'll ask my questions to my doctor than i suppose.

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
From a patients standpoint(i'm no doctor), it could be just excess body fluid. I had to be drained with a needle two times on each chest, two weeks apart. By the third week when the doctor drained it, I could see a good result. Check with your doctor. I don't know what kind of liposuction you had, but I know with tumescent liposuction they inject a lot of fluids into your chest during the procedure. This is what my nurse told me.

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
Also, I do not know if your doctor was a board certified plastic surgeon, but many people on this board including myself have had liposuction only with poor results. My first surgery I had went to a doctor that was not a bcps, and was only authorized to do liposuction, not incision surgery. So I did it, and one year later I was back under the knife to remove the glandular tissue.

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
well I'm 2 days post op i took off the compression vest for the first time today to take a shower and to see the results of the surgery and it looks like nothing was done at all..is the swelling normally that bad to where it looks like nothing was done? can i expect to see a magical difference after the swelling goes down?

Well, its been several weeks now.  How are you doing?  Are you still upset about your results?

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
yeah, still looks the exact same. I contacted DR. Richard E. Albin and going in for a consultation and revision surgery with him in 3 months.

Offline PleaseAdvice

yeah, still looks the exact same. I contacted DR. Richard E. Albin and going in for a consultation and revision surgery with him in 3 months.

Did Dr.Albin do the original surgery or are you moving to him because you are not happy with your previous surgeon?

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024