Author Topic: Tender lumps under nipples - swelling or scar tissue? 6 weeks post-op  (Read 2712 times)

Offline pdubbz

Had gyno surgery done by board certified doc; lipo and glandular.  Not sure the technical terms - but incisions were made under the armpits.  I had only a minor case of gyno.  Been following doctors orders mostly.  Just started biking, light pushups, cardio in the last week - got the ok from doc. 
But I have significant lumpy tenderness under both nipples - hasn't improved in a week or so.  I know, I know, it could take months to see full results.  I read somewhere that massaging these lumps could help reduce them - true or false? 
Also I unfortunately started dipping tobacco about 4 weeks post-op - nasty nasty habit to break.  Someone will prob tell me that doesn't help the healing - right?  Or is the nicotine only negatively effecting the healing of the incision?

hammer

I wanted to comment on the tobacco use!

I used Copenhagen for around 17 years! I was able to stop back in 1995 while I was recovering from surgery with help of the patch! I agree, it is very hard to give up, but you will not regret it once you do and save a lot of money for a ton of great things too!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes it could be swelling or scar tissue or even some of each. Be patient, it will go down but the swelling goes down in a short time while scar tissue takes a lot longer. 9 months is not unusual and rarely it could actually be even longer than that.
Grandpa Dan

Offline pdubbz

Thanks for the tips.  I also read massaging helps.  I'm doing about 2-3 minutes each nip per day; only hurts a little.  Then icing sometimes too. 
Didn't realize this could be such a long healing process.  yikes.  If you're telling me that regardless, swelling or scar tissue, it should go away, then at least I can be satisfied with that.
My doctor said I could come in to see him if I was really concerned - I told him I would wait to see if there are any improvements in the next few weeks.  Small/minimal improvements I am satisfied with.  No change over several weeks and I get a little anxious. 
thanks guys.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024