Author Topic: 1 day post op- looks to me like there loads of excess skin!  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
I'm  24 hours post op, I've just took the vest off and had first shower and I was shocked to see there being so much lose skin, I'm worried this will not snap back. If I knew this would be the case I would not have got it done and just lived with the problem. Will appreciate your expert opinion.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's way too early to comment on what you can anticipate.  A pre-op photo might be helpful from a predictive perspective, but even then, depending on what has been removed, history of weight gain/loss, age, skin quality, etc. the final outcome is a long ways away.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Cheers doc, well I'm 26, 5'6, and about 86 kilos..apparently the surgeon removed 104gram of gland in total, and 900ml of fat including under armpit area. Just really really worried that I'm going to be left like this. But I understand that the final outcome is a long way away.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
With significant tissue removal, skin retraction is critical, meaning more time to the final result.  It will certainly change from what you see now.

RS

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Just a quick three week update..Dr. Silverman you were spot on

It looks nothing like it did,,,

Updated pic-still looks to me like there is excess skin... Or maybe it's all in my head as I worried about it so much, oh and the nipples look so weird

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Any advice from the experts? Or have I bored everyone with my post op excess skin Paranoia, maybe it's all my head but it looks to me that once the welling goes I'm gonna be left with extra skin.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are truly at the beginning of your healing process, which will take six months or more.  Everything will soften, the skin will be mobile and the feeling should return.  Do not fret about extra skin at this time -- just let your body heal.  And then, in six months, if you are still concerned, speak to your surgeon about additional options. 

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Thanks for you input.... I totally understand that the healing takes a while, however in your opinion does it look to you like possible extra skin? I'm only asking for my own piece of mind as its a issue that's been long playing on my mind.

Again thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Truly no way to tell if you will have extra skin until everything has healed and settled down but my gut feeling is "no."

Dr Jacobs

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Well as your a gyn god... Your gut feeling has truly made my day!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024