Author Topic: 2 weeks post surgery. one side is much larger than the other  (Read 2218 times)

Offline maximo

Hello everyone,

I'm glad I found this site. First time on here. First post.

I had surgery 2 weeks ago. my right side is perfectly fine. Just a little bit sore, but looks normal.

My left side is really swollen. It's been pretty much the same size since the surgery.  the purpleish bruising is gone, but just around my nipple, it's very hard and yellowish.  It's extremely hard to the touch and kind of hurts.

I can post a pic if needed.

Should this be expected? Is there cause for concern?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Throw up a pic. It is normal for one side to be more swollen. Also if you lay on one side more often than the other the fluid can rest on the lower breast. If it's crazy big you should talk with your surgeon it could be hema. < something like that:)
The yellow is the bruise fading and the hard stuff is prob scar tissue. That will break up with time and massaging.
Im at two weeks also. I don't know a lot. Just some knowledge from reading a lot.
Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:06:08 PM by jay adams »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations, Mirror symmetry is very unnatural and some difference is actually more normal.

That is true, but the more likely answer is that there is some difference in the swelling on the different sides. It will likely diminish over time. Post operative swelling can sometimes be so bad that it temporarily looks as bad or even worse than before surgery. Sometimes it takes several months for that to go down.

Be patient.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024