Author Topic: very flat and very bruised!  (Read 1917 times)

Offline jbr

• Posting Member
This was a revision surgery to correct incomplete excision and lack of skin undermining done by another surgeon.  There sure is a lot of bruising!  Anyone have any tips for helping the bruising to heal?  I know there's probably not much to do other than give it time.

I've been using arnica internally and externally.  I've also been taking bromelain/quercetin pills to help manage swelling.  I should have iced more during the first 48 hours.  I'm thinking of trying a heat pad or hot towels to increase circulation in the area. 

You can see to the right of my left nipple (left of the right nipple in the photo) there is a very bruised area.  At that spot there is a hard lump about the size of a quarter, which I think may be a small hematoma, due to how hard it feels.  Despite all the bruising and swelling, I am very happy with the results thus far, and so relieved that the failed first surgery has been improved.  This 2nd surgery was definitely much more aggressive and involved more tissue damage, but I'd rather that than an incomplete job.

hammer

Just give it time to heal, patients will be your best friend right now if you can find any! Maybe the Sunday paper will have a sale on some tomorrow, lol!

Offline jbr

• Posting Member
Thanks, Hammer.  Patience will definitely be needed for this!

hammer

Yes, and the reality is, it is harder then hell!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024