Author Topic: just went to endocrinologist...  (Read 3272 times)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
just went to endocrinologist. she said that i dont need my testosterone and estrogen levels checked since she said that i look normal (have growth of pubic hair, growth of beard, growth of underarm hair, and erection). she wants me to have an ultrasound to confirm if there is some gland.

also, she wants to have a medical test about liver for failures or something because she said it could also cause gynecomastia.

i hope you can give comments, thanks
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Hypo-is-here

I would not go back and would make a consultation with an endocrinologist that knows what they are doing.

The statement made regarding there being no requirement fir hormonal testing is nothing short of apalling.

There is factually NO information regarding the aetiology of gynecomastia that indicates that a liver disorders are a more likely cause for the condition.  In fact it is quite the reverse in younger men.

If you need help obtaining contact details for endocrinologists in your area who have an interest in reproductive matters then just let me know what city and state you live in.

I would have preferred not to have made such a negative post, much rather had something more positive to say, but I’m afraid I have to call a spade a spade.

Odds are you do not have a hormone problem that has caused your gynecomastia, however some people do and if you are in that boat as I was and then go ahead and have the gynecomastia removed it could come back.

It is always better to be safe and not sorry and so I have made this post because I feel it was important and in your interests.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
What? she examines you and says you don't have a hormone problem. Does she know your medical history ie the gyno.....

When I went to an endo it was already known what had caused my gyno but he still tested my hormones just to be a hundred per cent sure.

I agree with hypo I know it's a pain in the backside but I would see another one. You don't want it coming back at the end oif the day. You most probably don't have anything wrong but it is good to be sure.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
pretty much the same thing that happened to me here, when I saw a fully qualified male-reproductive endo.

she just felt my ballbag for any lumps , Asked some qs , and decided that as I was so very hairy that there was no need for further tests.
... and the saga continues

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The simple truth is that you may have to try several times before you make a connection with a Doctor you truly like, trust, and etc.

The same would be true in any specialty.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
pretty much the same thing that happened to me here, when I saw a fully qualified male-reproductive endo.

she just felt my ballbag for any lumps , Asked some qs , and decided that as I was so very hairy that there was no need for further tests.

did they find any hormonal problems?

im a little bit nervous, i want to have my lipo and excision op this week but my hormones are not yet checked...

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
i got my testosterone and estradiol lab results.

Testosterone: 5.0ng/ml; Normal: 3.0 - 10.0 ng/ml

Estradiol: 128.5; Normal less than 60 pg/ml

any inputs? i have very high estradiol. its almost twice the max normal value. right now im confused if i have to continue with my surgery or what.. :(

Offline Hypo-is-here

i got my testosterone and estradiol lab results.

Testosterone: 5.0ng/ml; Normal: 3.0 - 10.0 ng/ml

Estradiol: 128.5; Normal less than 60 pg/ml

any inputs? i have very high estradiol. its almost twice the max normal value. right now im confused if i have to continue with my surgery or what.. :(

sadgyneguy,

I think a good reproductive endocrinologist should be repeating your tests, including more detailed pathology and further testing to try to ascertain why you have such a high estradiol level.

An estradiol level that high can make some men feel very emotional, sometimes make them feel as though they could burst into tears at the slightest distress.  It can also make it difficult to reach an orgasm and cause erection problems.  Sometime men even come out in rshes/hot flushes.

Some men experience some of the above symptoms but not all.  If you feel very well in yourself, do not have any of the above symptoms or glandular gynecomastia (difficult to know)......then I would wonder if this high level was a lab error.

On the face of it, it appears that you do have a very high level of estradiol and one that could very likely cause development of glandular gynecomastia.

A repeated test is in order to ensure it is not a lab error.

If I were you I would hold fire on the surgery until you and your endocrinologist have got to the bottom of this.

Out of interest are you on any medications and do you have any symptoms of ill health?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024