Author Topic: Any Ideas?  (Read 2670 times)

Offline bigstunw

Hi all

Heres the situation i will be having the OP on the NHS later this yr but i will need the time off from work but i dont wont any one from work to know what i am going in for have do any of you guys know what i could say i am having done instead to save embarresment.

Many thx

Stu

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
You mean you need to write a letter to you boss about the absent day?I think you just tell him/her you need to do the surgery,not nesscary tell him/her about your details of surgery.
I promise when the gyne problem fixed,i will try my best on everything.I will study hard and become Sith Lord ;)

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Tell them either dental work or colon work.  Rough dental work can buy you a few days and no one will ask too many questions, because it is boring.  Colon work will make people scared to ask for detail.  I once had a friend in college miss almost an entire semester of class, so he told the female teacher he had to go home and get circumcised.  She never asked any follow up questions after that.  I am using the dental work excuse, because I work from home and all need to do is buy a little time. I think if you say you are having surgery and don’t say what it is, people get curious and start talking.  If you give them a logical excuse up front, they will leave it alone.  Another good one is telling them you have to get moles removed, so you have a cover when you go in for your follow up visit.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 07:03:18 AM by jones357 »

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
you only need a few days.  I did it on wed went to work monday.  Take vacation days or call in sick.  You wont' be lying cause you will feel like crap.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
you only need a few days.  I did it on wed went to work monday.  Take vacation days or call in sick.  You wont' be lying cause you will feel like crap.

Could you have worked the next day if you worked from home? I plan on working the next day (from home), but I don't know if it is realistic.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
some people say cracked rib because it's chest related, but you could just say a surgery and decline to give details.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline bigstunw

thx 4 the good ideas  :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Best respone I can recall was the guy who simply said: "I had a growth remove, Not to worry though as it was not malignant. Thanks for caring."

While his answer was true it may have been a bit misleading. Which is OK.

The problem with telling a lie is that you will need to remember all the details of that lie for the rest of your life and never change them or you'll get caught.

I'm retired now, But I once worked for a company which would terminate any Employee ever caught in a lie no matter how trivial or how long past. Their belief was that if you would lie about trivial things you could not be trusted with more important things either.

The same company would hire an ex-felon is he was completely honest about his past on his employment application but fired a man who had been on the job for 14 years because they found that he had lied on his employment application when he was first hired.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024