Author Topic: new with many questions  (Read 1724 times)

Offline shine_on_syd

I am age 58 male with 2 CM  irregular mass in right breast. About 3 weeks ago I began experiencing severe pain in upper right chest. Two weeks ago I discovered a lump about 2 inches off right breast and got into family doctor next day. Yesterday I had a mammogram and ultrasound. Both  my family doc and radiologist explained how rare male breast cancer is. Radiologist said I hardly have any breast tissue. The radiologist’s narrative report says "Ultrasound Impression:suspicious Abnormality. Solid 20 mm irregular mass in the right breast at 9-10:00, suspicious of malignancy versus fibroadenoma"
I have a surgeon appointment this Wednesday but have many questions. I read that fibroadenoma and breast cysts are impossible in men…is that true? I came to this group as I know there is a wealth of knowledge. I would appreciate your comments as what this may be and what to ask the surgeon. What ever I have seems to be very rare. Also I am very suprised about the pain.
Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 10:12:26 AM by shine_on_syd »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Adeno refers to the lymph glands and the position at 9-10 o'clock on the right breast would indicated a position toward the axillary nodes from the nipple.

Beyond that, you are the most expert person we have access to at the moment because you are going through this and yes, it is rare.

Please stay in touch and you may help us all to learn something important.

Best of luck to you!
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
cross your fingers, but don't panic either.  gyne can onset in senior years too, and the pain can be part of it too.  i really wouldn't want to welcome you to the club, but it may just be where you're headed, and they say it beats the alternatives.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024