Author Topic: Please check testo level..  (Read 1810 times)

Offline unleash

• Posting Member
  • I wish.....damn Gyne
Hi..fellow gynos

I'm not a new user..I've been probing around for long.
Just did my Testosterone level test..
I got  a 16..Now is that O.K or is it the cause of my  
gyne...
My Endo Doc said that a testo level test would be enough to rule out Gyno.
And after the results came..he said it wasn't Gyne..just fat and some swollen lymph nodules..now what the hell is that??LYMPH NODULES.?? ???
We Are What WE Do.
    Our Deeds Make The Man Within Us.

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
Get a second opinion, blood readings can be perfectly normal and people still have gyne. In fact most of the time when men with gyne get their hormone levels checked everything is fine. The readings do not 'rule out' gynecomastia. Very strange.

If your explaining this correctly then it sounds very much like your getting fobbed off by your endo. There aren't any lymph nodules in the breast, but I think there are lymph nodes under the armpits. A lot of Dr's don't like to acknowledge the existance of conditions like gyne in their patients.

lopher

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 12:35:48 AM by lopher »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Hi..fellow gynos

I'm not a new user..I've been probing around for long.
Just did my Testosterone level test..
I got  a 16..Now is that O.K or is it the cause of my  
gyne...
My Endo Doc said that a testo level test would be enough to rule out Gyno.
And after the results came..he said it wasn't Gyne..just fat and some swollen lymph nodules..now what the hell is that??LYMPH NODULES.?? ???

If your testosterone was 16, then that is almost certainly in the nmol/l reference range, that means on the US scale your testosterone is 460.8ng/dl.

That might be normal for you or it might not be. It could represent a reasonable level as long as your SHBG, estradiol or Prolactin are not elevated or your LH below normal.

Your age is an issue when looking at hormones as well, because if you are going through puberty then hormones are going to be in a state of flux.

The bottom line is that nothing can be ascertained from a single point measurement of testosterone and your gp is talking out of his hat.  Hormones are interrelated and when considering gynecomastia it is the balance or ratio of androgens to estrogen that is all important.

Basic pathology would require;

LH (Luteinizing hormone)
FSH Follicle Stimulating Hormone)
Free testosterone or total testosterone and SHBG
Estradiol
Prolactin
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)

If you request a referral to see an endocrinologist (expert in gynecomastia) then you will be able to have the correct pathology undertaken.  

Correctly testing hormones is just a sensible precaution for boys/men with gynecomastia.

If you post your results here someone will be able to help you further.  If you require help in locating an endocrinologist then I might be able to help you do that.  I would just need the nearest city to you and the state you live in....if not the states (which is possible given that reference range) the nearest city.

Best to you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024