Author Topic: question about post-surgery  (Read 2406 times)

Offline SFguy

• Posting Member
hoping to get answers to a couple things:

1. how quickly did you, or could you, go back to work after surgery?

2. are the vests noticeable under regular clothes (t-shirts, short sleeve shirts, etc.)?

thanks!

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
I would say right after your drains are removed.  When I had my drains removed, I felt so much relief and felt I can do anything.  

The vest is NOT noticable.  I thought it would be, but even with a cotton t-shirt, you cant tell.  You may see the lining in the shoulder, but it only looks like another cotton under T.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I returned to work after 6 days.  I may could have made it after 4 days, but it would have been tough because of limited range of movement and soreness.  

The first vest I was given was the kind with straps and hooks.  It came down almost to my belly button and tended to roll up slightly from the bottom.  It looked kind of wierd under thin clothing.  I have now bought a few compression shirts from Underworks that look just like I'm wearing a regular T-shirt under my shirt.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
had it on wed went to work on monday. Couldn't see the vest at all. Wore a t-shirt over it and switched to a underarmour shirt after a week.  

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Well, I hear people saying they go to work in 4-6 days but I don't think it's common thought. Everyone heal differently. I am 16 days today and going to work on Monday. But could have gone yesterday. I think, i would take 2 week off from work. So by the time, you have form pad removed and on your compression vest only. And also used to with compression belt as it rolls up sometime. ANd you have to adjust that (at work??).

I bought compression T's from sportcheck (nike) and very comfortable. I am wearing my compression belt and on that Nike's Compression T. So it keeps everything in place and very comfortable and unnoticable for sure as I been to some social gathering and no one noticed.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024