Author Topic: Had consultation, still a few questions  (Read 5010 times)

Offline asdf

• Posting Member
Well i just got home from my consultation and I am sort of diaapointed.  I was expecting to be able to have the surgery in a couple of weeks during spring break, but the earliest day I could book was the end of july  >:(.  So to anyone considering surgery book your consultation TODAY.  Even if you are if you dont know if you want to get it for sure, you can always decide not to after consult.  But if you delay then if you do decide to get it eventually you could have to wait 5 months for consult, then 5 months for surgery like me... and the waiting doesnt go by quickly...

I also have a couple of questions that i never thought/forgot to ask at consult

1.  Since my only hope to get it done earlier is if someone else cancels, how commonly does this happen?  Is it unlikely that my date can be changed before the 5 months is up, or should i be optimistic that it will?

2.  I have a hot tub, so should i avoid using it after surgery? (not that i need to use it, but if someone wants to go for one, and i cant then i need to come up with some excuses)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
asdf. Personally, i'd say stay optimistic about getting in there earlier.  I don't know if your dr works the same way, but my PS wants 1/2 of the $ paid when we decide on the date and the other 1/2 the day of surgery.  My understanding is that I can't back out within 72 hours of the surgery.  If I do, i loose 50% of the 1/2 I already gave him.

As you get closer to the date they'll probably have you come in and do a battery of tests.  I gots a feeling you're not in the US.  If you are, i'd say great chance of getting in there much sooner.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:33:13 AM by jc71 »

Offline jc71

just looked at your profile, you're in Canada. :) that explains it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:33:44 AM by jc71 »

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
hard surgery on a tuesday, was in a hot tub the following friday night...with people who didn't know i had surgery, and they couldn't tell :)  i did have bruises....but was able to avoid letting anyone see

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I had surgery over spring break. 5 days later I started hanging out with the crew again. No one has any idea what I got done.
I already got a comment "you chest looks smaller". I said "I've been on a diet".
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
just looked at your profile, you're in Canada. :) that explains it.

That explains what Dude?
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
waiting

My initial call to JCF was late Nov. 2004, Consult was on Dec 20th 2004 and sugery was on Feb 16th 2005. Just 10 weeks from phone call to being Gyne free.... Not much of a wait there... ;)

Offline jc71

Bambu, wow only 10 weeks that's much shorter than asdf who says the earliest he can get in will be the end of July and that he has to wait "5 months for surgery"  That's approx. 20 weeks.  Originally I couldn't believe it would be that long because in the states it's about 2 weeks, then I realized he was in Canada and had a different health care system and said, "that's explains it."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 05:18:43 PM by jc71 »

Offline Spleen

I think it might be wise to avoid hot tubs with a healing wound.  Do some googling and you'll find out that hot tubs are a wonderful environment for all kinds of nasty bacteria.

Offline Anim8tor

• Posting Member
i went to my doctor on february first for a consultation and he sent me to a surgeon a week later and then on the third of march i had my surgery and now im  not free but im healing i feel better because i know its going to get better soon

Offline jc71

Spleen's right, they can be pretty darn filthy.  Many years ago, i worked at a fitness center and we had a pool and a hot tub.  I won't even tell you what went on during and after hours in that damn thing.  Many chemicals were dumped in to that thing.  Maybe a private hot tub would be different though. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024