Author Topic: best foods to eat post-op  (Read 3048 times)

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
okay... so it's almost 3 days since my operation, and I was just wondering... are there any foods which are considered better for your body when its healing? You know, to help with bruising, etc. And any foods in particular I should avoid? Obviously there can't be any smoking (not that I feel like inhaling smoke into my lungs right now) but what about beer? good/bad/indifferent? I'm curious to know if anyone else followed a certain diet to get best results from healing. Any comments would be most welcome!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
okay... so it's almost 3 days since my operation, and I was just wondering... are there any foods which are considered better for your body when its healing? You know, to help with bruising, etc. And any foods in particular I should avoid? Obviously there can't be any smoking (not that I feel like inhaling smoke into my lungs right now) but what about beer? good/bad/indifferent? I'm curious to know if anyone else followed a certain diet to get best results from healing. Any comments would be most welcome!

Actually, I found beer to be quite refreshing 3 days post op.  Congrats on the surgery, Frodo!   ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:36:18 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline popozao26

• Posting Member
My Dr. said "NO SALT."  so, keep your diet Low sodium.  thats about it.  alcohol does slow down healing but i'm sure a beer isnt the worst thing in the world.  with all the painkillers I was on after surgery beer wasn't really neccessary.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
yeah, salt causes swelling, so you def want to stay away from that.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024