Author Topic: I just got back from surgery!!!!!!!!! - Sanders  (Read 6383 times)

Offline miguel

• Bronze Member
Well I had suregry yesterday with Dr. Sanders. everthing went really well. My cheast looks flat considering all the muscle thats still there.  There is some irregularity in my niples. I assume this is just from all the fluid. When I tap on my cheast I can hear funny sounds, like its hollow or something.  I have almost no pain, only this dam vest is driving me crazy. There has to be an alternitave to the vest, like possible really tight under armor, what do you guys think, that might work better than this vest. Besides the vest I feel so good that this is over with all I have to do now is be patient and allow myself to heal. I want to thank everyone on this board, because if it wasnt for all you I never would have had this surgery. And especialy thanks to those who have given me advice and support in the past.
Thanks,
Miguel
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 12:58:23 AM by Gyn.org »

Offline gynefree4me

• My Story
Miguel
Good to hear from you. ;D  Hope you didn't have to stay with a male nurse  ;)
You may see some irregularities for 2-3 months. I got kind of freaked out at first when I got a crease in the nips. It is caused due to the stiches and scar tissue building up causing the nipple to compress. It gets better with time. The hollow feeling you describe is more than likely fluid build-up. that will go away within the next several weeks. as for the vest.....go to a place like big 5 spoorting goods or copelands and buy some underarmour. It fits better and from what I hear feels more comfortable. Take it easy and congratulations on your new future!

Take Care
-Paul
Excision & Lipo - 14 Jan 2003 - Independence Day!
www.geocities.com/gyne670/newgyne.html

Offline gman

• Bronze Member
Miguel,

I am so happy for you. I'm only a few days ahead of you but I feel like I'm living already. I'm still doing good. I'm starting to get a little swelling but I'm not worried. I know it will go away. Dr. Sanders is the best. I can't belive the change. Paul is right about the underarmor. I ordered some from underarmor.com but I also found the exact same thing at sportmart. It's much more confortable. I will wear it on Monday when I go in for my stitches and ask Dr. Sanders if it's ok. It's very light and confortable. Almost too good to be true so I'll just make sure. I'm glad everything went smooth for you. Sorry you had to go through this alone.

At least now you get to "live".

gman

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
wow congrat man im so happy for u i am 2 days post op so i know how u feel man good luck with your new life

Henrik
i finally feel like im a man

Offline miguel

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys for your kind words it means a whole lot to me. I am now 4 days post op, Man I thought it took patince to wait for the surgery, Wearing this compression vest is going to take more than that. I just want to stare at my chest in the mirrior or wear t shirts to show my new look. but I guess, or I know one month of wearing this vest will pass and my time will come!! As for swelling, my cheast looks dam good right now, sorry to brag but I thought I would never be able to say that. My left nipple is a little puffy but I guess thats to be expected. Well thanks agian for your guys support, I cant explain how much that  has meant to me.
Take care
Miguel

Offline gynefree4me

• My Story
You've earned the rights to brag ;)  ;D  ;)
Especially not having someone close to you to support you with this big event in your life.
Take it easy and get ready to go shopping for some hot new shirts!

Best wishes
-Paul 8)

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
brag as much u want man u got nothing to worry about :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Paul

• Gold Member
  • It looks like tux has a little gyne too :-)
    • My gyne pics
Hey, don't worry about those weird noises. I'm 7 days post op now. 1 day post op my skin made squishing noises when pressed all the way up to my neck. Now it only squishes when I press much nearer to the nipple area. Like Paul says it's just fluid...it should pass pretty quick.

My surgeon didn't give me a vest, but I was concerned so I am wearing a very tight Nike lycra running vest (much like under armour). I feel much better with it on than with nothing at all. Ask your PS about it before you change though.

Paul :)
Unilateral Subcutaneous Mastectomy with Liposuction (Excision + Wet PAL) 2003-03-24

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
hey i read someone mention something called under armour as a possible alternative to the vest you wear after surgery. I did a search and found this siite.
http://goldmanbros.com/under-armour/index.asp

what exactly do you look for i'm totally lost, is this site the wrong one? thanks a lot.

Offline just_a_guy

COngrats ! I just had my touch up with Dr. Sanders today. I had gotten the procedure done back in November (2004) and today I went back for another since my left nipple was a little bit larger than the right. He was so nice, he did the operation for free to correct it. But I'll tell ya, this one hurt really bad since I was not put under this time but rather I was given a local. Even though I was all numbed up, I felt the pricks and suction once in a while and was really tense since I was awake.
Glad it's all done now

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
For the guys who have had surgery w/ Sanders, do you think you can post before and after pics?

Offline kenwolf

miguel.  how much was the total cost of your surgery with sanders. i'm planning to have my surgery too, but still not sure where to go.  thanks

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
I dont know man most of his before/after pics dont look too hot.
http://www.Dr. Sanders.com/textsite/men/gynecomastia.html

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i agree, those after pics look horrible.  :-/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024