Author Topic: Fresh out of surgery  (Read 3820 times)

Offline zaconline

Hi guys...
Had a surgery about 15 hours ago... went quite well, i was out of the hospital in 2 hours... No pain at all, only the discomfort from having to wear the vest... I asked my doctor about how long I should wear the compression vest, he said "the longer, the better"... that answer didn`t help much :-/ , so what do you think? when can I take the vest off? or is it safe for example after a week or something to wear the vest for, say, 10-12 hours a day and take it off for the rest of the time? and what`s the function of the vest anyways?
Would greatly appreciate your help...
Zac

Yo

The vest helps the swelling, loose skin, etc. Its pretty important.

To start off, only take it off to shower. Keep an eye out for swelling and stuff. After a few weeks if your not swolen and everythings going good, take it off.

I'm not a doctor but thats a better explanation than the one you got.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
ive been wearing mine religiously, so much that i feel weird without it Oo

Offline cabtex

Four weeks is what my surgeon suggested.  He did say, though, that there is not much research to show much value past 3 weeks.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Dr. Lista says 6 weeks with the compression vest he provides.  If you're putting out this much money for something that bothers you and all the rest of us so much, I don't understand why some would risk taking it off early...I can't speak from experience yet on the vest, and I'm sure it sucks huge, but I will definately be wearing mine for the full 6 weeks.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Six weeks is the standard time. There is not much research around this in general. A lot depends on your age, weight, skin type, etc.

I am about 6 days pass surgery. Looking foward to my first shower since then today.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024