Author Topic: Caved in pec  (Read 6678 times)

Offline thisfar

• Posting Member
Hello. I'm 4 days post op and feeling okay.  I was hoping that this whole gyne thing would be over after op, but nope.  I have only taken my compression vest off once and noticed that my left pec is caved in looking(the muscle exceeds the area where my nipple is located).  

I noticed that other people on the board have experienced this problem post op and was wondering if it's something that fixes itself over time, or if there is any options to fixing this.

I go back to the doctor in two days, so I think he will have some answers for me, but people who have experienced this first hand might have some real good advice.

Please let me know.  

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I think that I may be experiencing the same thing.  I was told to wait a few more months and be patient.

-Oleska-
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
  • Surgery 27/07/2006 with Dr. Levick
  • Natural variation in pec/ribcage?
  • Swelling around nipple area creating the look of an indentation?
  • Too much fat liposuctioned/gland removed?
  • More developed pectoral on that side?
  • Nipple adhered to pectoral muscle?
  • Bandages/vest too tight during healing process (if so, permanent, or temporary 'dent'?)?

Ditto to experiencing a similar thing. I have an indentation that seems to be 'outside' the curve of my right pec ... it looks fine/'normal' when I'm relaxed, but gets very noticeable when I tense it, to the extent that it looks like there's a concave depression.

I'm at a loos as to what's causing it, tbh. I have more restricted movement and more remaining bruising around the nipple on that side, but there's nothing I can specifically discern that has gone wrong. Not a medical pro ...

My PS (Dr. Levick) did mention that there would be some depression there afterwards possibly, and that the rest of the pec should shrink to it, or something. He was definitely of the opinion that it was far too soon to call and that I should let things sort themselves out ... but I'm still worried, obviously.

Having a check-up with him on the 22nd, will report back.

Any pitures you can post for comparison?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:51:45 AM by kayvee »

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
  • Surgery 27/07/2006 with Dr. Levick
Figured I'd post this:

http://www.surgical-tutor.org.uk/default-home.htm?tutorials/gynaecomastia.htm~right

The breast disc can usually be excised through a circumareolar incision along the lower border of the areola. The use of a suction drain is advisable to prevent post-operative haematoma formation. This can usually be removed after 24 hours. The concavity resulting from excision of the breast disc tends to fill over time but numbness of the nipple is not uncommon. Excision of all of the breast disc is required to prevent recurrence.

So, yeah, according to this articles it's a 'not uncommon' problem that goes away eventually. This being written for doctors, as opposed to reassuring patients/covering PS's asses, I figure some comfort might be in it.

Thing is, 'over time'? Over how much?

Offline thisfar

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response guys.  My doctor told me not to worry about it and that it will soon be fine.  I am 11 days post op and it looks much better from a couple days ago.  I will post pictures in a couple weeks.

DrBermant

Hello. I'm 4 days post op and feeling okay.  I was hoping that this whole gyne thing would be over after op, but nope.  I have only taken my compression vest off once and noticed that my left pec is caved in looking(the muscle exceeds the area where my nipple is located).  

I noticed that other people on the board have experienced this problem post op and was wondering if it's something that fixes itself over time, or if there is any options to fixing this.

I go back to the doctor in two days, so I think he will have some answers for me, but people who have experienced this first hand might have some real good advice.

Please let me know.  

4 days is very early after surgery  Posting standardized photographs can help others understand your concerns.

After surgery there are many possible reasons for still having a contour problem.  Options depend on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, weight, gland stimulation, how you heal, and other factors.  Sometimes secondary surgery can help.

Self diagnosis can be dangerous.  The best way to explore such issues is with your doctor or someone who you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline thisfar

• Posting Member
I am currently 2 weeks post op and my chest is looking better.  I go back to see my surgeon in two weeks, then I am sure he will take post op pics so you guys can see.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:59:49 AM by thisfar »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member

Please let me know.  

I think it is a combination of skin sticking in one place and then being lose in other areas.  I had that problem pretty bad on my left side for a while, now I have it slightly when I flex on my right side.  If I lift weights, it is completely gone on both sides when I have a pump.  So, I think you can fix it or better it by working out.  I am on a mission to grow my chest to help tighten the skin.  If you had a decent amount of crap taken out or a heavy concentration in one area,  I am sure your skin will need some time to adjust.

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
Hii had surgery wth levick 2 days ago and looking at the bandae it looks like my left side is gonna poke out more than meright, can u tell by just loking at the bandage or could itbe he just pu ore bandage on the left side??

please help

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024