Author Topic: How many days to recover???  (Read 3350 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Hi

I have my surgery this week, but I cannot miss more than 3 days of work.  Is this realistic?  I've heard something between 2 days to 1 week from diff doctors.  Thanks
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
It depends on your how in depth your surgery is and where you work.   If you need just a little lipo and work at a desk, then you would probably be fine.  Otherwise it may take longer.  If you can figure out anyway to get more than 3 days, it would be good.  Pushing it while you recover can hurt your final results.  Like fluid build up and other things.  Just keep that in mind and good luck on the surgery.

DrBermant

Hi

I have my surgery this week, but I cannot miss more than 3 days of work.  Is this realistic?  I've heard something between 2 days to 1 week from diff doctors.  Thanks

Recovery and return to work after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, what you need to do at work, and other factors. Many of my patients return to light duties the day after the operation.  However, look how much swelling / bruising my technique delivers.  More surgical injury and swelling usually slows recovery.

Comfort after surgery also depends on many factors.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.  You cannot work effectively when uncomfortable or while taking significant pain medication.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
Hopefully you are getting you sugery late Tues. Then take Wed., Thur., Fri., off and have the weekend too for 5 days total. That's if you work Mon.- Fri. with Sat. and Sun. off.  Will your work fire you if you have to take an extra day? If so, eat a HUGE bowl of milk and Cheerios on the fourth day post-op before going into work. When you get there vomit it back up all over somewhere where people see you. They will send you home, guaranteed! ;D

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
eat a HUGE bowl of milk and Cheerios on the fourth day post-op before going into work. When you get there vomit it back up all over somewhere where people see you. They will send you home, guaranteed!

That's probably one of the finest solutions that I've seen to any question on posted on this board.  Good job manzeer, finally an answer that no one can dispute.  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024