Author Topic: Surgery Next week and some comments about tamoxifen  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
I made an appointment for the 21st and Im pretty nervous. Im sure the doctor knows what hes doing,its just I really hope I end up coming out better then coming in. His name is DR walek in Warwick, Rhode Island. Ill be having it done in the hospital. Ill keep you guys posted on before and after pics.

And the second thing I wanted to mention is that Ive been taking tamoxifen prescribed by my endocrinologist to help with the gyno. So far its been a month and its done little for my right side but seemed to SLIGHTLY break up the density on the left. So my opinion is that it is worth it to try it.

Enjoy

Before.

What do you think I should expect out of my surgery?

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member

Chest muscle might make your gyne stick out more..

hard to tell how bad it is really..
gl with the surgery!

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
dude you look totally like me without the neck band lol, but your gyne is exactly like mine. how tall are you by the way, im 6'2. why are you on tamoxifen is your gyno caused by hormonal imbalance, even tho my ps told me tamoxifen is given to cancer patients and he dint prescribe me. but im getting my surgery this summer, as far as your question is concerned. if you ps takes out the gland, thats pretty much all you have since i dont see much fat. you should be good.

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
Im sure its mostly gland. sadly Im only 5 8''. :'( and yes its most likely due to hormone inbalance. Is your gyno mostly solid and painfull.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
no its not solid its soft, and once in while i get some stinging pain, once in a month  maybe not a big deal. why do you ask?

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
Im just afraid that by removing the gland ill be left with a big indented crator Because I dont have that much fat to blend in  with the hole. :-[

My gyno is pretty solid with only some softness.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
chances of that happening are 1 in 10, i got puffy nips too bud, but even with my baddest luck if i ever end up with a crater i would be much more relieved. you know what i mean, explaining this stuff to your girl is pretty simple but walking around with these stupid glands is grotesque. besides i think you should talk about this crater stuff with your ps before undergoing surgery. some doctors actually perform a process called fat flap, where they take fat from different location and place it under your nipple, one surgeon who does this is dr bermant, if traveling is not a problem for you then talk to him, he is in Virginia. by the way that crater stuff is very rare dude even if you dont have enough fat, im skinny  too i lost a lot of muscle now im all veins, but im goin for gland excision with some lipo. that should do it. by the way are you still lifting weights, i stopped it two years back, but now when i do some push ups the glands are pushed further out and i get that stinging pain and i stopped it now theres no pain, goodluck

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
yes i still lift at least 3 to 4 times a week, I actually like how my chest workout. I dont buy in to the notion that working out makes it stick out more . I dont care about that.

BTW I tried that doctor Bermant, but dont bother If you dont have at least 6 grand in the bank. They dont deal with loan companies >:(

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
are you kidding me hes got a loan company working for him, i inquired myself, coz i go to college and do a part time job and dont make enuff to pay for the surgery, and 6 grand is a lot but it will be well worth it, its better to get it done in one shot rather than taking the other route.

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
the secretary told me , only cash or check accepted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024