Author Topic: Surgery Done...have a question.  (Read 3492 times)

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hey guys, had my operation done and im finally gyne-free!
Im currently into my 2nd week of being post-op....and so far very satisfied with the results.
I have some pictures posted here if anyone is interested:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9516.0.html

My question is:

When i stand up straight, raise my arms, or flex my pecs there is no concavity...but when i bend or lean my chest then the left side has a slight concavity, not too bad.
Is it possible for this to get better over time (im into 2nd week of post-op)
Would it also help to build up some muscle when i start weight-training again to help fix it?

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
sweet results dude congrats, who was your surgeon and what was the procedure?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Dr. Fielding in Toronto. Procedure was standard gland excision + liposuction.

Offline outertrial

Two weeks is pretty soon to be worrying about it IMO. It will take weeks to heal properly, you must still have soreness hard tissue so the area wont move like normal yet.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Well the thing is, i have no swelling or soreness whatsoever. I healed very quickly.
Im just wondering is it possible for a slight concavity to fill up over time? And would weight training and building up muscle on my pec help ?

Offline Mikecosta

• Bronze Member
I have the very same question

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
if im right concavity is something like an indentation right, if thats true in your case its hardly noticeable, and i dont see it in mikecosta either?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks Aquillus  :) Yeah in the pics i posted you cant see the concavity, its only when i flex or lean my chest. I'll get a pic of it when i can. But you are right, its not noticeable...only mostly to me. I flexed in front of a family member and they said they dont see it, but when i showed them exactly what im talking about, then they said oh yeah....a little bit.
Im not worried, its not too bad and im hoping when i start weight training and put on muscle there maybe it will fill in. Would building up muscle help maybe?  Also may get better with time as its only less than 2 weeks post-op.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 01:23:37 AM by MRD »

Offline Diesel

• Posting Member

Congrats MRD, looks awesome  :)

Not sure if it would affect the concavity but for the regular gyne sufferer I personally think building up muscle helps, stretches the whole thing more making it look less "flabby".  But what do you care about that now, you're free now - go and define that chest in the gym man! ;D

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks Diesel :) I definately will be hitting the gym in a few weeks. Having a  flat chest is nice now...but flat chest with some muscle definition will be even better lol .  And im hoping it will help fill in the slight concavity.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024