Author Topic: 11 months gone !!! -- How long still I have to wait ???  (Read 17857 times)

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hello:

Posting after a long time. Had my surgery done in Sept 06 by Dr. Fielding. And It been 7 long months of waiting for shirts to go off but not yet. Last time when I see him in January, he told me to wait for 8-12 months to get the flat chest. And as of today, (7 months) not a encourging result. I won't say no improvement  from what I had but it's only been 60% and most worries are, seems like it's getting bigger on last 3-4 weeks. I am maintaning my health never before in my 35 years of life. Go to Gyme atleast 4-5 days a week. Lost weist size from 39 to 34. Food wise very health eating. Most of the nights, having chicken on bun. And no alcohol. Still I am not getting desire reslut. May be I have to go for revision. I will still wait for another 4 months to complete my year time what Fielding ask me to wait and then I will see ... where it goes from there.

I am just wondering the status of other friends who had surgery arround same time period with me. How they are doing? Any feedback will be really apprecited.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:02:50 PM by Give me Life »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Give Me Life,

Sorry to hear that youre not happy with your results dude  :(
After 7 months of being post-op i really doubt there will be any significant changes in your results. Fielding told me after 3 months of being post-op there isnt really much change. But i guess it is recommended to wait up to 12 before considering revision.

Were you happy with your results at first? Or were you not satisfied with them from the start? What exactly are you not happy about....do you still feel hard gland under your nipples? Puffed out nipples?  Is there actual breast tissue?

Would you be able to post some pictures?

I have had my operdation done with Dr. Fielding and i am now over 1 week Post-op. I am very happy with my results so far, surpassed my expectations by far. Now im just hoping that i dont get any bad swelling. So far im heading into my 2nd week of post-op and still no swelling. That's my experience so far, a positive one  fortunately.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
MRD:

Same as yours, I was also happy post ops. Things were great. Not a complete Flat chest but ok. And everything cool. I was enjoying wearing T-Shirts. But as time pass by, things were turning arround. I don't think, I have hard gland tissues but left side getting bigger as day pass by. And from day one, left side was always larger then right. (everyone says that, don't know why that's with Fielding ??). When I raise both my arms to 12 o' clock position then it's a flat out chest (wish, I go out on beach that time) but on normal condition, I see chest size that makes me worry, is things going to turn arround ??? He tols me that after 4 months, skin going to shrink and attech to the body underneth. And I am waiting for that to be done. But I don't see that being done in last 2-3 month. I am attending gyme regularly. Lost weight. So no chance of adding fat in body. Then why ???

May be, I had vary large size of breast to begin with. So it still remain a bit of it. But if I go for revision, then i may get full flat out chest. So I will consider that in Sept as he ask me to wait for a year to get the desire result. So I will wait and then see ....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:17:08 PM by Give me Life »

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Did you go back to Fielding to tell him about the situation?  You won't be the first person that is not pleased with the results.  Maybe he'll recommend corrective surgery.   ???

Is it true that gyno can come back because of our body type?  I thought it was more a result of something left over from puberty.  Could the fat get stored there all over again?  Can glandular tissue go back into the area? ???

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Have you taken a hormonal test to see if everything is ok? If your gland grew back it may be because of a hormonal problem.
How long were you happy with your results until it started getting bad? Within the 1st month?

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Hey Give Me Life,

Congrats on losing weight.

I had my surgery about 2 months after you. I looked basically the same after 3 months as I did after 2 weeks, so I don't know where Dr. F gets this 3 month thing of his.

Then in the past few weeks, it started getting a bit bigger again. I figure it's one of two possibilities. Either they're growing back, or that's just the way the swelling game works. I still have most of the swelling from my abdominal liposuction, so I guess it takes a long time for the swelling to go away.

I'm planning on waiting until the 1 year mark. If it's not better by then, I'll go back to Dr. F and see if he can recommend an endocrinologist. I'm beginning to think I'm some kind of girly man who just has screwy hormones.

Btw, my right side is also slightly bigger than the left - go figure.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Have you guys had hormone levels tested before the surgery?

Im 2 weeks post-op and i have had no bruising or swelling at all, i was expecting to swell at least a bit. But here i am 2 weeks post-op with no swelling or bruising whatsoever. When did you guys start swelling?

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
same for me... i'm 8-9 months post op and have my full breasts now...
i called fielding and for the first time i was kinda pissed off.... i remember asking fielding if i should make any tests (blood tests) before surgery just to make sure that the gyne wasnt cause by something.

he said no... stating that i  have manly features... now when i called to know what i should do about the fact that i had breasts again, the rather cold leslie told me to see my familly physician so he could make the full blood test review and prescribe a visit do the endocrinologist (you cant see the endo directly). i mean why not do that before going under the knife... i am kinda dissapointed that fielding did not suggest that before, especially after asking him directly...

anyways, will see my familly doctor soon.

oh and MRD, the swelling pretty much started at about 2-3 weeks for me so i think its ok for now...
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
same for me... i'm 8-9 months post op and have my full breasts now...

Dude... do you have any recent pics to share?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey guys,

I'm 5 months post-op with Fielding and still haven't achieve good enough results for my liking (and I think I'm realistic about what can be achieve). When I put off the foams I saw a flat chest 1 week post op. But after the 2-3 weeks mark the swelling began and I noticed the left side was bigger (it is still like that now). Today I would say that I don't feel gland anymore under the right side but it still a little bit puffy. The left side is puffier (also bigger) and I think I can feel more gland under that side (and it's been like that since surgery, so it's no a case of gyn growing back). I also have been told not to consult an endocrino by the Dr himself.

I still have breast, smaller, but still breast and I'm not sure what to make of that. We've been told to wait between 3 and 12 months and I'm ready to wait another 1-2 months before calling him to see what's going on. We've been deeply hurt by this condition and maybe we're too impatient and should wait for the full year before making judgement, but it's tough and I wonder how my chest could go from what it looks like now to what it look liked when I put off the foams???

My question to Brebguy and Give me Life is whether they can feel gland in their chest? Like I've said, I cannot feel it under my right side and some under my left side (which is the worse of the 2).

Also, has anybody ever heard of a revision story with Fielding? How does that work? Do we have to pay again or just partial cost??? I didn't ask during my consultation....I was so nervous.

Good luck everybody

PS: I don't have picture but let say that I had a medium case.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey Bambu, here are the pics i posted a few days ago on the board

BEFORE :

AFTER 8 months :

G-Man, to be honest i dont really feel gland, thats why i was under the impression that it wasnt gyne coming back but then again, as you can see from the pic, what would explain this breast shape that i have and that looks exactly like what i had before surgery. i really dont think we are talking about swelling after 8 months and that i will obtain a flat chest in the next 4 months.
the only other explanation would be loose skin. from the way it feels when i touch my chest though, it looks more like tissue than just loose skin (there might be some loose skin but then again...)

so i dont know, i dont think i'm being impatient or at least, this is not how it was suppose to be from what i was told by Fielding or anyone on the board. anyways, i'm not even mad really anymore, just disapointed that i paid all this money and that it did not change anything in my case (plus now i have quite noticeable scars) so now i get the questions : what are those things on your HUGE nipples ? you have huge breasts did you get breast implants ? :'(

anyways...

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Thanks Brebguy, I wasn't saying you were impatient but I hope that after a full year we'll realize we were.....

Did you talk about revision with Dr Fielding?

BTW, I've always found Leslie cold.....should be nicer.....

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey Gman. i know you didnt say that i was impatien but i was actually stating that one might think that we are (and i could understand why). i usually say that people have to be patient because most people will notice an enlargment in their chest size in the first few weeks (generally due to swelling) but i just think its not my case anymore...

so ya, i talk to leslie but she didnt say much. she said i should do the full blood test, see an endocrinologist and come back to see fielding so he can assess the situation. then, he'll tell me what's up. i asked about cost and she said that there are generally no cost for revision but it depends of the situation. i tried to find out in which situation i would have to pay but she said i would have to see Fielding.

i hate that because it means i have to plan 2 more trips to TO (one for consult and one for surgery + hotels and all) and potentially pay for more surgery...

today, i really regret i did surgery in the first place.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Wow...if i read all these negative posts about Fielding before i got my op with him i would have had second-thoughts about getting it done  :-\

I really feel for you guys, we all pay money for the surgery and expect successful results, but i guess it just isnt successful for everyone. I am really getting worried myself now, that i may start swelling too. Currently 2 weeks post-op and no signs of swelling at all. I guess i may be one of the lucky ones.

But on that note, how did you guys take care of yourselves after the op? I avoided movement almost completely for 1 week, i just layed in bed watching tv and walked around my house a bit. Secondly, how long did you guys wear the compression wrap? I have been wearing it religiously, havent taken it off at all except for quick showers. Im going to continue wearing it until i get into 3rd or 4th week post op. It cant do any harm and im sure it helps, maybe its the reason why i have had no swelling. That and not moving almost at all the 1st week.

Brebguy, from those pics I would think that your problem is hormonal. I dont think its normal for your chest to go back to the exact way it was befre the op so quickly. Theres gotta be something more to it than just Fielding. Unless he really did not do his job during the operation, but i doubt that.

Haha and yeah i agree with you guys Leslie has a bit of a cold nature to her, but shes alright.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
hey guys,

really sorry to hear about your cases.  Also it makes me wonder about my own situation.  For what its worth, I had the surgery on January 31. So its been about 2.5 months for me.  chest looks basically the same now that it did two weeks after surgery.  At the time I had a slight indentation on my right side and the right side was a bit bigger than the left.  But it has really improved since then and if I stand with my arms by my side now, both sides look very good.  not perfect, but very good.  I hope it stays this way.

When did your guys chest start to swell up again?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024