Author Topic: Why the fuss?  (Read 595 times)

Upfront

I am old enough to remember when it used to be quite shocking when women started to wear trousers.
I do not understand  why in this day and age men wearing  skirts or clothing of any other shape or form of cloth is such an issue.
Come on fellas grow a pair.Its pay back time. Historically  they even nicked the skirt from male horse riders

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I am old enough to remember when it used to be quite shocking when women started to wear trousers.
I do not understand  why in this day and age men wearing  skirts or clothing of any other shape or form of cloth is such an issue.
Come on fellas grow a pair.Its pay back time. Historically  they even nicked the skirt from male horse riders
Actually, if we traverse far enough back in time we can see that "no one" wore trousers at all.

During biblical times men and women both wore similar robes that loosely resembled dresses today. "Women's attire" back then would therefore entail the use of headscarves and such. 

Incredibly even the beautiful fringes on clothing was found on "mens" attire.
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
In this current political climate, at least here in the US, even if your desire is purely fashion you could find yourself being hatefully berated as a "child grooming trans-pedo" completely out of the blue. Spittle in your face from some OAN-obsessive is the least of your worries. Now that's not to say anyone should live in fear or it should dissuade anyone from bucking fashion tradition, but that attitude is not totally uncommon around this great nation as I'm sure a few posters can attest to.

That said, I've bucked a couple social norms and it's getting to Autumn. There may be a couple of days I'm out and about in my leggings. :)

Offline Justagirl💃

In this current political climate, at least here in the US, even if your desire is purely fashion you could find yourself being hatefully berated as a "child grooming trans-pedo" completely out of the blue. Spittle in your face from some OAN-obsessive is the least of your worries. Now that's not to say anyone should live in fear or it should dissuade anyone from bucking fashion tradition, but that attitude is not totally uncommon around this great nation as I'm sure a few posters can attest to.

That said, I've bucked a couple social norms and it's getting to Autumn. There may be a couple of days I'm out and about in my leggings. :)
I'm quite content "bucking the social norms" as I push the envelope Mon-Fri every week under a rather stuffy dress code. 

I have made a few strides, but the "dress your gender" policy remains in effect. 

Slowly and with little steps things progress. 

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I spent over 20 years here in the US wearing clothing that came from either a ladies clothing store or department while living and presenting male and I had very little issues with it. 

Don't get me wrong, it  may not have been totally obvious but it was definitely noticeable. Most would first notice the fact that I carried a purse. If they noticed my purse, then they would try to put the rest of the pieces together. They would notice if I carried my purse in a cross body fashion, the straps fell between the girls and then they would notice that my girls were supported by my bra. My tops and slacks were women's, but had an androgynous look to them.

99.9 % of the time men would never notice or say anything and women may notice and I had only had compliments on my wardrobe choices. 

❤️ Sophie ❤️ 

Offline Justagirl💃

I spent over 20 years here in the US wearing clothing that came from either a ladies clothing store or department while living and presenting male and I had very little issues with it.

Don't get me wrong, it  may not have been totally obvious but it was definitely noticeable. Most would first notice the fact that I carried a purse. If they noticed my purse, then they would try to put the rest of the pieces together. They would notice if I carried my purse in a cross body fashion, the straps fell between the girls and then they would notice that my girls were supported by my bra. My tops and slacks were women's, but had an androgynous look to them.

99.9 % of the time men would never notice or say anything and women may notice and I had only had compliments on my wardrobe choices.

❤️ Sophie ❤️
I dress 100% off the women's rack and will do nothing less.

Living in Texas, and attending a day-center I find staff here is quite abrasive towards me and enforcement of strict rules while I attend.

The program doctor will not provide documentation for a court application to change genders nor supports it in the least.

I need their services, so I have no choice in the matter.

My choice in attire is barely flying under the radar while at the center, I do not have any problems whilst out shopping on weekends in my sexy outfits.

One way or the other, I present myself as female everyday.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 12:19:50 PM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member

❤️ Sophie ❤️
Sophie, It's heartening to hear you were able to live as you without being confronted by hate!

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member

❤️ Sophie ❤️
Sophie, It's heartening to hear you were able to live as you without being confronted by hate!
Held up,
The best living that I have ever done has been in the last few years. Being myself now, is the most natural thing that I have ever experienced. Don't get me wrong, being a woman isn't always easy, but it is always better. 

❤️ Sophie ❤️ 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024