Author Topic: Consequences of not wearing the vest?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
When I wear it - no swelling around nipples.
When I do not wear it, after about 24 hours - my nipples get SO swollen.
If I put the vest (pressure) back on - swelling goes away.

Swelling goes away in 3-6 months completely from aggressive liposuction.

If I do not wear a vest with swollen nipps - what are the consequences?  There is no extra hanging skin because my case was REALLY MINOR.  

I just hope that the chest does not take the FORM of being swollen after it heals completely.  

I just can't wear the vest anymore (its been 4 weeks).

Offline flex1appeal

You know, this same scenario happens to me as described. My Left side stopped swelling weeks ago (I am on week 7 going on 8.) However, My right side has been swollen since surgery. Granted, the swelling has gone down considerably. I was told after 6 weeks I could let the vest off. But truth is, I let the vest off more and more at about 5.5 weeks post op. Every time I left it off for more than 8 hours, my right side became really swollen. I'd wear it again while I sleep and when I woke up the swelling was down considerably. Then, after my 6 week follow up with my PS he advised to wear it still cause it was swollen. But he said it wouldn't be necessary to wear 24hrs a day. So, I tested it by not wearing at all for 24 hr incriments. My right side became pretty swollen again. That's when I wrote that one thread about I think I still may have gyne or it may be coming back. But, I started wearing it again yesterday while I sleep and it has gone down again in swelling. And down alot. So, I am going to wear it for another 2 weeks and only take it off for showers. Just want to see how I look after that time. My hunch is the swelling may subside altogether by then if I do this. Can it be that this vest is that good? That helpful in reducing swelling? What an invention if so.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:22:18 PM by flex1appeal »

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
My question is - would nipples be puffy after swelling goes away if I STOP wearing the vest?

I doubt that...

Offline flex1appeal

Thing I can't figure out is whether my nipples are really puffy or it is just the residual swelling that is causing my nipples to look puffy. If it is the swelling like the PS thinks then I should look great when swelling is completely gone. I have had my vest on 2 days straight now and I see a tremendous difference already from when I stopped wearing the vest for like 2 days.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024