Author Topic: One year after sergury and not happy.  (Read 3574 times)

Offline dubbliateeef

Hi, I'm 19 years old and I had lypo done on me about 14 months ago. I had a really bad case of Gynecomastia which started developing when i was 11 even though i was not over weight. I was happy at first with the surgery because i could finally wear just one t-shirt and be comfortable with myself for the the first time since i can remember. BUT, Im still not confortable w/out a shirt in public for one main reason... every time i raise my arms, my chest(where my nipples are) cave in specially on the right side, i cant throw a football with my friends at the beach and can't lay down in my bed w/out a shirt and have my hands behind my head with out exposing the obvious "holes" in my chest, whenever i flex my chest my nipples cave in...any movement i make makes my nipples cave in. On the left is not that bad and i could live with it but on the right chest is horrible, i've been massaging myself for 10 months with out results.

i know it's fat and if i can burn it off and have more chest muscle it wont be as bad, but is this supposed to happen with surgery??

answers will be greatly appreciated.

Offline jrs0628

I guess I would say I have the same problem.  I'm 21 now, and I had my surgery over 4 years ago when I was 17.  I have never been overweight whatsoever. (currently 135lbs)    I look completely normal whenever I am relaxed (see pics), and it doesn't bother me at all.  However, when I flex or lift my hands above my head, an indention forms across my nipple on both sides (other two pics).  I've never lifted any weights, so I decided to hire a personal trainer this week to help me gain some muscle (I have a busy schedule and the trainer will motivate me).  I'm going to see if that helps over time.  I'm not too self conscious about it, but if there is a way to fix it, I defiantly would.   Any comments or experiences would be appreciated. 

Offline EgyptinMagicin21

• Posting Member
From what my surgeon told me, sometimes the areola heals very close the muscle, and causes that indent when you flex, because the pec muscles are pulling the areola.

I'm not too sure if you can get it revised, but I believe they can cut that tissue thats healed onto the pec, and put a layer of fat over it, which is what the surgeon is supposed to aim for during the initial procedure.

Hope this helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024