Author Topic: Help picking gyne vest plz..  (Read 8447 times)

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Hello, guys.  I suffer from gyne and am quite overweight too.  I would like a compression vest that I will be able to wear to the gym without worrying about my stuff jiggling around when I am excercising.  I am 18 years old, weigh 233 pounds and am 5'9.  I usually wear XL shirts but dont really know the measurements of my body.  Can anyone suggest any compression vests that I can purchase that will last long and at least help to hide my chest a little ? I have been checking out http://www.gc2compression.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=2&categoryId=3 but am a bit skeptical as I have read posts saying it wears out after a couple days of wearing.  Thank you so much for any help :).

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Wow, 153 views and not a single post.  Gyne vests must kinda suck or something :(.

Offline xmeout

• Posting Member
Hi
I got that vest it works great for me.  You can search it here and there are alot of post from diffrent guys that use it. If you read more that guy that said it didnt last, he later reccomends it.  I have 3 I wear them every day now. They hold up pretty good considering the amount of wear. Really if you wear anything every day any wash it its eventually gonna wear out.
So dont take my word search Ebay and GC2

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Thanks dude, now I am between the g2compression and the nike pro vent vest.  Anyone tried both or know anything useful for me about them ?

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
I agree with xmeout.  I read some of the other post in this forum when I first started looking ;).   I use the Underworks 978 v-neck undershirt and it works great.  I recently read another post about the nike pro undershirt that I'm interested in trying because it talks about it being cooler.  My Underworks 978 isn't terribly hot but I have an office job and am not out in the heat so much.  Good Luck.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
Another thing about the Underworks 978 is that it hasn't lost any noticable compression in the first couple of months I've been wearing it.

DrBermant

Hello, guys.  I suffer from gyne and am quite overweight too.  I would like a compression vest that I will be able to wear to the gym without worrying about my stuff jiggling around when I am excercising.  I am 18 years old, weigh 233 pounds and am 5'9.  I usually wear XL shirts but dont really know the measurements of my body.  Can anyone suggest any compression vests that I can purchase that will last long and at least help to hide my chest a little ? I have been checking out http://www.gc2compression.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=2&categoryId=3 but am a bit skeptical as I have read posts saying it wears out after a couple days of wearing.  Thank you so much for any help :).

Body shaping garments are only a temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to desing such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient. Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.

After surgery compression garments do not do well in pool water or sea water.  The salt or chlorine can damage the fabric.  There are Sun Protection Clothing Options designed for water use. 

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Thank you very much for the advice about the underworks 978.  I read about it and I see that it is mostly made of cotton.  Will cotton really help to conceal my chest ?

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
The 978 is like 2 undershirts sown together.  The outside is a cotton undershirt and looks like you are wearing a tight cotton undershirt.  The inside is a spandex lining.  Thats were the compression comes from.  It has good compression and has stayed that way for me.  You can machine wash it but you have to let it dry on a line.  I live in SE US and work in an office but the 978 really isn't hot.  I have done yard work in it and it gets sweaty but it was 94 degrees outside at the time.  I don't think it's any hotter than a regular undershirt.  for $38 I highly recommend trying it.

Offline muscleman

• Posting Member
ye i heard u sayin nike pro there gr8 they feel like there not even there and they reallly work m8 try em out

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024