Author Topic: nearly 7 weeks post op  (Read 2316 times)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
im nearly 7 weeks post op and im realising that i am slightly indented and i ahve pretty bad scarring compared to most on this site

i have somewhat hypertrophic scars...not around the whole portion of the incision, only on the most medial sides...

do these go away? how long? + does indentation fill out a bit ?(its only on the upper portion of the areola...ie where the scar tissue hasnt built up)

the scars have sort of extended past the areola border(not much...they just look swollen sort of/puffy)...do these receed back inside the border???

any remedies or best options for reducing the scars...

GynO_DuDe

Apply Nivea cream on the scars ... Niveas good for scars.

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
wat type of nivea cream? ive been using the firming lotion

Offline elyk40

• Posting Member
The scars go through different phases.  Some days they look better than others.  You just never know.  I have had 4 gyno surgeries and can tell you from experience they will seem to creep outside the border and look red and then recede like you were describing.  My first surgery was 26 years ago and I used nothing at all on the scars back then.  The last two have been in the past 7 years and I have used gel sheeting and I'm not sure about how well I like it.  It seems to flatten the scars and then they come right back.  This time round I have keloid scars forming on the one side so maybe it will help

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024