Author Topic: Just had surgery today! How long does bleeding last?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
Hello all.

I have been bothered by my gyne for about 4 years now and finally, 4 days after my 20th birthday, I got the surgery done!  It am very happy with how they look already.  Anyways, I was wondering how long the bleeding will last and if I am able to take a shower tonight?  Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:57:19 AM by tricat13 »

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
The wound is actually closed within 2 to 3 days. You can take a shower on your third day but becarefull, do not scrup that sreasice it would make it bleed or cause delay in the healing process.

Offline flex1appeal

It takes a few days for the bleeding to come to a halt. If you have drains in you'll notice a significant amount in the 1st 24hrs and then it should decrease rapidly over the next week. I'd say if you are still bleeding in a week, I'd talk to the doc. I only waited a few days to shower because I had drains in and that made it hard. Otherwise, I would have showered the same day. My 1st surgery I did not have drains and also was not bleeding after 24 hours. I took a shower the next morning after surgery and was fine.

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
thanks guys!

Also, anyone that has had the surgery might know how to answer this.  So during my procedure, while they were doing the first side, I felt some pain so they injected more medicine in.  The side that had more meds put in doesn't look nearly as good as the other side.  I guess that is expected at this point.  I am just concerned as everyone probably gets afterwards.  Had anyone else have this happen where one side looks much better than the other.  The only positives that i can take from this is that when i touch the good side, i feel lots of sensation.  when i touch the bad side, i feel nothing.  So maybe once the swelling and such goes down, it will look like the good side.  what do you guys think?

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Give it time. That happened to my left side and it is swollen a little more but with time it will go away.

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
sweet!  i hope so.  thanks again!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024