Author Topic: NORMAL TO FEEL WHERE HARD TISSUE WAS??????  (Read 3534 times)

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
i had gland removal/hard tissue excision.(no lipo) the hard tissue was about a half dollar sized on the left, and about a quarter sized on the right. after surgery, the area feels alot flatter, but i can still kinda feel the area where the hard tissue was......the shape. is it normal for a little tissue or scarring to remain where the hard tissue was? its like i can feel the outline where the hard disk used to be, but its flat. i thought it just sat on top of the pec muscle and they took it off. did they have to cut it away? i mean was it attached? thanks

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
no doctors can help with this on the board?

DrBermant

i had gland removal/hard tissue excision.(no lipo) the hard tissue was about a half dollar sized on the left, and about a quarter sized on the right. after surgery, the area feels alot flatter, but i can still kinda feel the area where the hard tissue was......the shape. is it normal for a little tissue or scarring to remain where the hard tissue was? its like i can feel the outline where the hard disk used to be, but its flat. i thought it just sat on top of the pec muscle and they took it off. did they have to cut it away? i mean was it attached? thanks

Healing tissues, residual gland, hard fat, and scar can all feel firm.  Surgery is an injury process and like any cut, tissues need to heal.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
doc,
 they wouldnt have done a bi-lateral excision and left any hard tissue around the gland would they? i mean i heard of them leaving a little gland behind, but they wouldnt leave any of the "disk" that formed around the gland for any reason right? also, is the tissue that i had removed that had developed around the gland actually attached to the muscle fascia? do they actually have to cut it out? maybe that is what i am feeling, where they had to cut that tissue away from the muscle? thank you!

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
thats normal man. you want them to cut all way down to your muscle and ribs?? haha. i mean as long as it appears flat dont worry about it

DrBermant

doc,
 they wouldnt have done a bi-lateral excision and left any hard tissue around the gland would they? i mean i heard of them leaving a little gland behind, but they wouldnt leave any of the "disk" that formed around the gland for any reason right? also, is the tissue that i had removed that had developed around the gland actually attached to the muscle fascia? do they actually have to cut it out? maybe that is what i am feeling, where they had to cut that tissue away from the muscle? thank you!

Each doctor has his / her own techniques.  These are questions you should be directing to your own surgeon. 

Unfortunately I have seen many unhappy patients from other doctors who leave Residual Gland Resulting in Puffy Nipple Distortion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024