Author Topic: 1 day post op  (Read 1699 times)

Offline titless

• Posting Member
i had surgery yesterday, excision only.

havent seen results yet but i am getting my drains out later so maybe get aa quick look then.

pain wise it is nothing i cant handle without the pain meds.

i didnt get given a compression vest, just a tight bandage around my chest, anyone else have this happen to them?

id say the the hardest bit so far is learning to sleep on my back with head raised, not being able to shower and not getting to see results. and also i threw up after the drive home...but felt heaps better after i did, better out then in :)

ill be posting more as time goes by, including pics
just wanting to no if any post-ops no any tips for getting through these first couple days/week?
it would be apreciated
thanks guys
17 years old
gyne victim for 5 years
gyne free 24th feb 2009
!!!!!!tight tank under tee!!!!!

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Yeah, sometimes the anesthesia can do that to ya.  I was lucky and never even felt like vomiting after the surgery.  They'll probably give you a vest when you get the bandages removed.  But I didn't have drains or anything like that so don't take my word for it.

Tips:  REST, REST, REST.  Don't do anything strenuous (I know it's hard  ;) ) and keep your vest on when they give it to you.

P.S. - Ice packs/bags or a bag of frozen veggies feels great on your chest Post-Op!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline titless

• Posting Member
yeah just had drains removed
chest not as sore anymore
howeva i did get to see my nipples, they still seem a bit puffy but still a big improvment on wat they were
i'd say there about 90% close to being flat, and if they didnt go down anymore i'd still be satsfied, but nurse said they are swollen and will go down a lil more :)
so glad its all over nd i will neva have to worry bout boobs anymore
did anyone else expierence a bit of puffyness after surgery?
and ill deffs be resting for first 3 days then might just go for light walks
apparently my recover time wont be long and i dnt need vest because i didnt have lipo, although the doc said he did remove some fat which was attatched to the gland so free lipo :)
keep up the posts nd let me no how your post op expierences went please
thanks guys

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
That's what I did about 4 days post-op.  Light walks for about 30 minutes really makes you feel a lot less groggy.  The puffiness is normal and typical immediately after the operation.  It should die down in several months.

Good luck!

Offline titless

• Posting Member
several months, isnt that a bit extreme?
i thought it would only take a week or 2 at most for majority of swelling to die down
anyone else remember how long it took their puffyness to die down to almost full recovered level?
thans guys

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024