Author Topic: scar tissue after 2.5 months  (Read 3345 times)

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
so im 2.5 months out now, to be honest im a little dissappointed, immediately after surgery both sides looked really flat, while showering etc, during my 6 week compression vest period my left side seemed perfectly flat, but my right side was still swollen but then when i got the compression vest off after the 6 weeks, and now i have what feels like a hard disc under the left nipple that is mimicing the original problem and i also seem to have it on my right side, however my loose skin of the nipple on my right is also distorting my view of how good the results actually were(the right side was alot worse than the left)! do you guys think this is a scar tissue build up?? because i cant feel a line running from the lipo incisions to underneath the nipple, however i think it definately feels different to what i felt before surgery i think, this feels harder but i cant be sure! and my nipples are still sore if i press against them! my surgeon said i have to wait 6 months, but do you guys think its too early to maybe ask for kenalog shots??

any help is much appreciated!

Offline magicstyk

• Posting Member
  • R.I.P Gyno 12/8/08
I'm in the same boat. I'm 4 months out and I had lipo and gland excision and mine was flat after 2 months and now is more swollen than before the surgery. I have the hard feeling disk as well. Just had all blood work done and I know that it is not a hormone problem causing a recurrence. I wonder as well when is the earliest you can get the kenalog shots. My doc doesn't suggest getting them as he says give it at least 6 months, but there is no way I am waiting through summer with it looking like this.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Do you guys think keeping the compression vest on for longer would have helped?  If it's scar tissue, everyone says to massage.  Other than that, you just have to wait, maybe up to a year, to see a final result. 

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
ive gone back to wearing it at night now, i honestly think it helps, but ill try anything that will help me..my surgeon never said anything about massage, is there any length of time to do it each day or techniques to use?? im going to ring my surgeon tomorrow and find out about cortisone shots

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
It will vary in different people as to how long it can take to go away, sometimes it can take up to 1-2years in some people depending on your body type, it is completely normal. Mine is finally going away now after 6months, but there is still a little there that shows when I flex my muscles.

Hang in there, it is completely normal, and in a few years you will forget about everything.

Offline magicstyk

• Posting Member
  • R.I.P Gyno 12/8/08
Can the scar tissue look as bad or worse than the original gyno? I am massaging everyday and it only seems to be getting worse over the last 2 weeks. I just had some bloodwork last week and everything but a low anion gap came back fine. Would you say not to massage it as the healing process is not over? I am completely embarrassed right now to dare to take off my shirt because it looks worse now than any other time in my life.

Does anyone know if you used the Kenalog equivalent topical cream (triamcinolone acetonide) if that would aid in reducing the scar tissue?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024