Author Topic: Anyone who has had excision through the areola...  (Read 2303 times)

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
How long did it take for you to feel like your nipples looked "normal" again?

I'm about 4 weeks post op and a lot of my swelling and bruising has dissipated. I'm very happy with the overall appearance and the flatness itself and I'm still continuing to improve. My only slight concern is that my nipples themselves look a bit strange to me now. The scars kind of go inwards across the bottom of the areola and the middle of my left nipple looks a little... misplaced? Like it's kind of a little bit folded over where the scar indentation is. Bear in mind, though.. I have fairly small nipples and I'm a relatively slim person (about 160lbs). It's not fat or anything like that because I barely have much fat on my body.. it's just the nipple itself.

I'm thinking this is probably just the paranoia in me surfacing after being so critical of the appearance of my chest but at the same time, I'm not positive. At THIS point in time, I would say that if anyone were to see my actual nipples, they would definitely know I had the surgery.. because they don't really look natural with the scar indentations. But on the other hand, that is COMPLETELY ok with me if I know that it's still a healing process (which, it probably is considering my surgery was a little less than a month ago) and that the nipples will return to a "normal" appearance in time.

They don't look mutilated or hideous or anything.. but where the incisions were, the scars go inwards whereas I figured they might be the opposite and go somewhat outwards? I guess I'm just looking for any of the doctors here or anyone who is further along the healing process to just let me know how regular this is and what exactly I should be expecting.

Like I said, I know the healing process is a very long and gradual one.. so I'm not panicked at all. I just want to make sure that what I'm seeing right now is normal and will fix itself over time as it heals.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Then again...

After looking more closely in the mirror, I'm actually not exactly sure WHAT the actual scar is. I can't tell if it's where the small creases appear OR if it's that the scars are risen above the skin directly UNDER where the creases in the areola are and that's what's causing the "folds".

Is it possible for the scar to blow up a little and thicken and rise above the normal skin level a bit? If so, THAT might be the issue instead of the actual scar being inverted in the areola.

I know this doesn't really make a ton of sense without pictures (my camera is broken and I have no way of taking any)... but if the scar is risen a little bit, will that go away on its own or will I need injections for that?

My surgeon was a very good and reputable one, so I don't think he would have just cut straight across the areola near the middle instead of at the border where the areola meets the regular skin on the bottom and left small, thin indentations.

I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance/advice on the matter to put my mind at ease a little bit. Like I said, I'm totally alright with it if it's just the scar rising and it's something that can be taken care of. I was (and I guess am) still a little worried that these small creases may be permanent and I really don't want to go through any sort of revision surgery after spending an entire month healing from the initial process.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024