Author Topic: Skin discoloration/ripples after 3.5 months  (Read 2681 times)

Offline someguywithgyno

So, I'm 3.5 months post-op now and am beginning to get concerened about some discoloration/scarring that does not seem to be healing. It looks like a molted brownish red bruise/stain. In some areas the skin is rippled and kinda like a scabbed knee right after the scab falls off. I had some surface skin slough off in this area within the immediate weeks following surgery.

I was told it was "compromised skin" and it would get better with time. That was about 1.5 months ago and I see no progress. I haven't seen a problem like this described by anyone else on here.

Has anyone had this before? What is it? Will it go away? How long will that take? Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BTW-you may notice one of my nipples didn't fare so well.  :(

Offline someguywithgyno

Offline kbob

• Posting Member
With time it will improve. To what degree it is hard to tell.
You might find that silicon dressings that are used for scar reduction might help (they certainly won't hurt).
If you don't see an improvement even after 6 months you might want to look into IPL laser treatment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorejuvenation). Look for a local cosmetic surgeon's office that specializes in these types of treatment (generally cosmetic surgeons focusing on face). (stay away from "spas" offering these treatments).

Kevin

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024