Author Topic: 3 Months post-op still puffy  (Read 4840 times)

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Its been about 3 months now since my gyno surgery, and to this day the nipples are puffy the right more than the left. I was just wondering if this is normal or if its? Another thing, post op for the first 2 weeks its was flat looked great than it turned puffy, is it going to return to the flatness it was right after surgery?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hi Zach, I've heard this happening to a few other guys before as well.  I wonder if it is because of scar tissue that developed under the nipple?  I had my surgery 3 weeks ago, and the scar tissue is different all over from one side to the other.  I've noticed that my right nipple is a little more sensitive than the left, and seems a bit "fuller" at the moment, but not noticeably puffy or anything.  I didn't have puffy nipples to start with though.  Did you massage much during the healing process?  They say it is supposed to help reduce the amount of scar tissue, or help break it down after forming......either way, it's supposed to help!  If you were massaging and stopped, maybe try doing that again for awhile and see if it helps?  Worth a shot anyways  ;).  Good luck man, hope it all turns out just the way you were hoping!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Okie Thank You, No i have never messaged it, how would you go about doing this? N you say yours didn't puff out right away, did yours puff out at all? because my started around the 3 week, before than it was flat and looked really good.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I've been massaging since after the first week as per my surgeon. I was told to use my finger tips (not pointed fingers, but the softer tip pads), using the first 3 fingers in a small round motion all over the chest area.  Pushing firmly.  They said if it doesn't hurt, you aren't pushing hard enough.....and believe me, if f"/%&g hurts!  At least at first.  It isn't so bad after the first week of doing it.  They said it will help sort out the scar tissue thing....I hope so!   I haven't had my nipples puff out so far, but they are quite sensitive to massage, and I can feel some scar tissue around the area.  It may be a matter of time, but hopefully I won't have the issue.  I've heard from many other guys that the first 6 weeks brings on all kinds of unexpected things which make us freak out a little, but usually resolve themselves within the coming months.  I'd start to massage as soon as possible to help minimize the scar tissue build up.  It won't hurt.....that much..... :o.  3 times per day, 5 minutes per side (at least).  Let me know how you make out!  Good luck man!

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
okie man sounds good i will start doing it tonight actually.  and i had a lot of guys say not to worry about it until after 6 months thats what the doctor also said, so I'm just going to wait it out and see what it brings if not then i guess i will just do the revision, but anyways Thanks A lot.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
No problem at all!  Massaging is a major pain in the rear, but if it helps, then I guess we just gotta do it right? 

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Yeah If i went through the first 2 weeks post op and all the uncomfort i can do the messaging lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024