Author Topic: Swelling or Scar Tissue?  (Read 2851 times)

Offline fivefifty

• Posting Member
I'm a little over one month removed from having gynecomastia surgery, and over the last week or so the area around my nipples (NOT behind them) has become enlarged.  In particular, it feels/looks like a golf ball is forming between my armpit incision site and my left nipple. It almost reminds me of the knot that forms when you hit your head or something. I called my PS's office on Friday, and they said it sounds like scar tissue forming and to massage it. I've been following their advice, but it seems to only be getting worse.

Could this be anything other than scar tissue or swelling? What seems unusual is that it's next to my nipple instead of underneath. Also, it's painful to the touch, whereas scar tissue shouldn't be painful--right? For what it's worth, my PS performed lipo and excision through the arm pits only. No incision was made under the areola. For the first few weeks after the surgery, my chest looked really good. It still is much improved, but the weird knot is making it not look as good.

If anyone has any ideas what might be going on, please let me know. Thanks!

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Hey, congrats on going forward with the surgery.  I remember commenting on something else you posted a while back when you were just considering getting surgery.  You should post some post-op pics now that it's been a couple of months, it would be interesting to see your results.

Your puffiness/inflammation has probably resolved itself by now.  What you were experiencing is normal with gynecomastia surgery - I had a similar experience.  You should let us know if it subsided.  I still have some slight tingling on my nipples and it's been eight months for me.  How are things coming along for you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024