Author Topic: One of my favorite bras  (Read 2465 times)

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
I really like the Lace Trim Underwire Bra by Amoureuse, so much that I bought three different ones. It's hard to find bras in my size but this one is a perfect fit, and it's a very well-made bra for the price.
The only issue is the outlne of the lace on the top of the cups showing through shirts, so you wear an undershirt. The green one on the bottom right is the full coverage version of the same bra, which is a little better under a shirt because the top edge doesn't have the lace.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I actually bought a camisole to wear under my work scrubs or under a bottom down shirt.

The bra looks good on you.   I like my lace underwire bras too

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
Thanks! It fits just right.

Offline Johndoe1

I really like the Lace Trim Underwire Bra by Amoureuse, so much that I bought three different ones. It's hard to find bras in my size but this one is a perfect fit, and it's a very well-made bra for the price.
The only issue is the outlne of the lace on the top of the cups showing through shirts, so you wear an undershirt. The green one on the bottom right is the full coverage version of the same bra, which is a little better under a shirt because the top edge doesn't have the lace.
I always wear a women's layering tank under my tops to conceal the straps and outline of my bra. I tried men's undershirts, but there were times when it just got too warm and women's tanks are made to conceal and layer without overheating the body. It's amazing how much heat can be trapped by a bra and then you add an undershirt and it gets really sweaty underneath and if you are not careful, you can develop a rash around your bra if you constantly have moisture under your bra. At first it was weird to be wearing a women's layering tank, I have both classic tanks as well as camisoles depending on the top but since it is a fitted piece and fits like a second skin over the bra, it doesn't add bulk so it doesn't draw attention to your chest so now it's just clothing. Remember, if you are wearing your bra correctly with most of the support coming from the band, depending on how much fat your have around your chest, the band can cause an outline of the indention that can show through tops, so having that additional layer smooths that out on your back, as well as concealing any adornments that might be on the bra like lace or roses, or medallions. Layering is normal for women's clothes to keep the fitted but smooth look. My opinion is if you wear a bra, you need to wear the proper undergarments that go along with it to make it all work. I think that is why I have been successful in keeping the girls not drawing unnecessary attention. In my on case, being a DD, and according to my bra fitter I should consider going to a DDD (F), underwire is pretty much a necessity for proper support. It also does give some enhancement as well, but with the proper undergarments, I don't appear "feminine" in the classic definition and so I can mostly go unnoticed. Something to think about.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Thank you JohnDoe1 for your great explanation of that.   I wear undershirts under my scrubs for work and I find it to be bulky and uncomfortable.   The day I wore the camisole made a huge difference.   I felt that it added shape and was very comfortable.   I think that wimen’s tanks will be helpful as well.   

Offline Johndoe1

This is one of the layering tanks I wear quite often. It also works quite well in summer. My fitter recommended it and so I tried it and like it. I have three of them and am going to buy three more. You can order them on line as well. I like these because the arm holes are very high and you can't see bra in the arm holes like many tanks and I do have several of them and I don't wear them anywhere near as often. They have a good bit of room to let the girls sit naturally and not pull on them. These may have too much room for many on here, but this is the style I wear quite frequently due to my size.

https://www.exclusivelykristen.com/collections/shirts-blouses/products/full-coverage-tank-top#

Offline froger

• Posting Member
I've been wearing layering tanks from kohls for years as a replacement for men's undershirts.  Men's just fit too tight in the chest. Plus these work well for a long torso.

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-2979874/womens-sonoma-goods-for-life-long-layering-tank.jsp?prdPV

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Jason, what size are you?  I’m a 42/44 B.   I wear underwire and non wired cotton bras.    I like them both, but I’m liking the support of the underwire bras even though they project a bit.    For those who think that B cup guys don’t need to support of underwire, I do and like it.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
What's the difference in the "layering tanks" that makes them better at hiding the straps as opposed to any other shirt?

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
Jason, what size are you?  I’m a 42/44 B.  I wear underwire and non wired cotton bras.    I like them both, but I’m liking the support of the underwire bras even though they project a bit.    For those who think that B cup guys don’t need to support of underwire, I do and like it.
I am a 42C in some brands, 42B in others. So basically the same size as you.
You should check out Full Beauty, they have lots of bras in band sizes 42 and 44.

Offline Johndoe1

What's the difference in the "layering tanks" that makes them better at hiding the straps as opposed to any other shirt?
It's made to be worn under a top layer. Many layering tanks can also be worn as tops as well or tops under jackets and such.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
It's made to be worn under a top layer. Many layering tanks can also be worn as tops as well or tops under jackets and such.
I get how it's supposed to be used.  But what makes it better at hiding the straps than just wearing a regular undershirt?

Offline Johndoe1

An additional layer between the bra and top. The air in-between the layers adds distance so it's not so obviously. Check out how women where tops and see how much outline do you see. Mostly business attire is where you see it. Thin cloth.

aboywithgirls

I also wear either a layering tank or a cami, which are basically the same thing. These work better because they are more breathable and overall, more comfortable than wearing a t shirt under a button down top or pull over.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024