Author Topic: Tankinis  (Read 3273 times)

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Hi everyone.   I’ve been wearing a bra daily for almost 6 months and it’s been a great experience.   Now that the warm weather is arriving and I’m thinking about swimming and pools.   Generally I don’t have a problem taking off my shirt in public and getting in the water.  I will tend look around to see if “ the coast is clear” before I quickly take off my shirt and get into the water fast.  I’ve been looking for Tankini that are moreover unisex, but not having any luck.  Any recommendations?

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Have you considered men's shapewear designed for this purpose?  Underworks comes to mind: https://www.underworks.com/men-compression-swimwear.  It of course depends on how you want to present and what you are comfortable wearing, but womenswear will generally tend to accentuate/enhance particular male body styles, much like a bra would.  The typical plunging necklines of such garments are also distinctly feminine.

I guess it would boil down to what you want here.  If you are looking to conceal and not "raise eyebrows" per-se, my advice would be to look towards men's shapewear that is designed for swimming, or at least won't be damaged by it (i.e. a men's T-Shirt and trunks over a compression garment).  If you are cool with having a more female body type and don't mind potentially drawing attention to that, wear whatever the heck you want to.

MIMAN's pictures are nice, I'd wear that top under a T-shirt while swimming with my immediate family for sure -- the arm holes are so big it looks very comfortable, but I wouldn't do it in public.  The neckline and the racerback are dead giveaways that it was intended for a women, and they will definitely show under a shirt.

Whatever you're comfortable with.  To hell what anyone else thinks.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I tried this tankini on.  I like it and it fit well.  I would have liked it in a solid dark color.  It was too much for me, $70.  

Offline Johndoe1

Solids in swimwear is far and few between. I have seen several tankinis I would have like to have had, but the prints were too attention crabbing for me.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
There was a solid blue, but I wasn’t willing to pay that much for the top.  Plus, I wasn’t sure what bottoms to get with it.  If they were boy shorts, I’d buy those to go with it. 

Offline cm2015

• Posting Member

Offline Johndoe1

Here's a true unisex swimsuit. A tad pricey but it would work I think.

https://www.beefcakeswimwear.com/

Offline tedhasboobs

• Posting Member
I was using a high spandex women's one piece under shorts and a tee shirt. That would hold things down and the men's shorts and shirt did not attract too much attention.
I'm Ted, and I have boobs.

Offline Johndoe1

Just found this Body Glove bikini top in D+ size for those looking for a swim bra to either wear alone or under a top. $40

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Womens-Smoothies-Swimsuit/dp/B075844BZZ/ref=sr_1_24?dchild=1&keywords=ladies+tops+to+hide+tummy&qid=1626641202&sr=8-24

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Just found this Body Glove bikini top in D+ size for those looking for a swim bra to either wear alone or under a top. $40

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Womens-Smoothies-Swimsuit/dp/B075844BZZ/ref=sr_1_24?dchild=1&keywords=ladies+tops+to+hide+tummy&qid=1626641202&sr=8-24

Personally I find this particular garment to be the polar opposite of "unisex" in nature :)  The entire back and the pleated gore are going to be pretty clearly identified as "female" when wet.  OP was (at the time) apparently looking for a more concealing solution that wouldn't attract undue attention.

Any man that can rock this thing and be 100% comfortable in it has my utmost respect and support (you go bro!), but the original question was definitely geared toward pondering if there was a unisex "Tankini" out there that would work well for men; this particular link screams "please look at my boobs!" to me.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I never covered up ay the beach or the pool except if I was getting a sunburn. wet t shirts only highlite your breasts and nipples more and at the time I had 40c now 46c I always found it ironic I can go topless but women that are smaller than me have to coverup

aboywithgirls

I've been covering up since my girls showed up in time for my 12th summer. I've been fortunate enough to find girls and ladies swim tops that were suitable. It's only a ladies tankini if a lady wears it. Otherwise it's just a swim top that that is providing you coverage and support while you enjoy the sun and surf.

Offline blad

I would never feel comfortable exposing my bare breasts in public, as would be the case for most women. 

I had to expose them routinely way back in school while seemingly always being selected for the "skins" team during PE classes. It felt very awkward knowing everyone was staring at my breasts bouncing during sports.  
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I would never feel comfortable exposing my bare breasts in public, as would be the case for most women.

I had to expose them routinely way back in school while seemingly always being selected for the "skins" team during PE classes. It felt very awkward knowing everyone was staring at my breasts bouncing during sports. 
Very true! I also ALWAYS wore a shirt of some sort after the girls started growing and hated those coaches that put me on skins. Thankfully I had most coaches sympathetic to my condition.
More than one time I gave some people an eyeful when my Tee would form fit my body when getting out of the water. 

Offline Johndoe1

I haven't shown my chest in public since I was a teenager. High school PE was always torture. If it wasn't from the guys, it was from the girls who laughingly asked did I need to borrow a bra. Those days still subconsciously effect decisions I make today about my chest. In many ways a bra feels like protective armor.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024