Author Topic: puffy nipples  (Read 15809 times)

Offline damo_06

• Posting Member
hi there I am 20 years old and have puffy nipples but no breasts with it. i am a light build and noticed about 4-5 years ago that i hav puffy nipples. they were sore to pinch and it was if i could feel a rubber washer inside (thats what was sore) the pain has gone away for the last year or so and i was wondering if this problem will go away with exercise or something. thanks for your time and any news will be greatfull. thanks alot!!

DrBermant

hi there I am 20 years old and have puffy nipples but no breasts with it. i am a light build and noticed about 4-5 years ago that i hav puffy nipples. they were sore to pinch and it was if i could feel a rubber washer inside (thats what was sore) the pain has gone away for the last year or so and i was wondering if this problem will go away with exercise or something. thanks for your time and any news will be greatfull. thanks alot!!

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia.  

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

It does not take much to disturb the cut look of someone with a low body fat % such as a bodybuilder and I have sculpted many.  Bodybuilding can help with fat and muscles, but will not help with gland and you cannot pick where the fat comes from.  My bodybuilding patients typically tell me that what is on top of the muscle gets pushed out further in making bigger muscles.  

You can find some examples of pictures before and after gynecomastia surgery

Here - Gyno and BodyBuilding

Puffy Nipples and Bodybuilding

Here - Gynecomastia and BodyBuilding

Here - Gynecomastia Treatment

and

Here - Gynecomastia BodyBuilding.

I would suggest looking beyond each link's first page at all of the views for each patient to better understand the difference in the look before / after surgery.  There are other examples of lean patients, but thought this would be a good start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:14:20 AM by DrBermant »

Offline damo_06

• Posting Member
thanks for that long responce, unfortunatly i cannot view the threads or post pics but i can tell you that they are real soft and only look normal when im cold or pinch them then after 10 min they go back to looking puffy!

Yo

Surgery is your only option. Sorry for the bad news......

Offline TeenWithGyneOMG

• Posting Member
drbermant i notice that all your references and pictures come from one site alone, which happens to promote plastic surgery. i know i might sound paranoid but i dont really trust your response. for all i know you could just be advertising to desperate victims of gyne.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I believe, from my own research, that the information in Dr. Bermant's response is totally reliable.  It's called "free professional medical information without even having to make an appointment".  That's a GOOD thing.   ;D
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I believe, from my own research, that the information in Dr. Bermant's response is totally reliable.  It's called "free professional medical information without even having to make an appointment".  That's a GOOD thing.   ;D

Agreed!  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Will the problem of puffy nips on a skinny guy go away with diet and exercise.....no.

Will the problem of fatty breasts on a fat guy go away with diet and exercise.....maybe.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
drbermant i notice that all your references and pictures come from one site alone, which happens to promote plastic surgery. i know i might sound paranoid but i dont really trust your response. for all i know you could just be advertising to desperate victims of gyne.

that is because it is HIS site for his plastic surgery. He is one of the very BEST in gyne reduction surgery.
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
just had lipo for puffy nipples. results remain to be seen. keeping fingers crossed.

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
Dr. Bermant (or staff) has always been very useful for many members on this forum, even those that live nowhere near his area and thus have very little chance of having surgery with him.

He is one of the few experts in this condition and offers excellent info for people with the same questions that have been asked millions of times on here. He deserves credit for that.
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline damo_06

• Posting Member
they feel like cootin wool balls to push into skin level, there is no resistance at all. i also notice that I can grab about 5-7mm of skin all over my pecks and abs. does this sound glandular, there hasn't been anything real hard under the nipple for the past year, almost nothing under the left one ( that used to be the most painfull one too)! could it just be loose skin??? cheers fellers!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024