Author Topic: Lypo only is it a good way to go?  (Read 4126 times)

Offline ta-dow

• Posting Member
i keep reading that lypo only doesnt really work i have a lypo only scheduled for wednesday should i tell him to do execision also? he showed me some results with lypo only and they looked good
http://www.plasticsurgeryassociatescapecod.com/gynecomastia/gynecomastia_1.html
I dont want to have to go back for another surgery he said that he does 2 different types of lypo one he said melts the mass away and the other cleans it up... need advice

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Lipo can not remove gland tissue.  Period.

There is no way for a surgeon to know how much gland tissue is in there until you're on the operating table, so for a surgeon to say, "It's only fat so I'm just going to lipo you", seems foolish.

A surgeon's before/after pics are there as a sales tool.  For the real truth, all you have to do is look at the countless posts of people on these boards who had to go through the surgery all over again until excision finally got rid of the gland. 

Ask yourself why would a PS not be willing to use the one proven method to remove gland tissue?  Then ask yourself why you would be willing to use such a PS. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 07:36:01 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
ta-dow....

Nip is right! Lipo does not do a good job at removing gland tissue.

I have read many posts and seen many pics of patients that had lipo only and the results are not good. If the PS that you have selected will not perform excision, look for another PS dude. However, the Website states that the excision technique is used. Just tell the Doc that you want lipo and excision, no exceptions.

GB
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 11:51:33 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ta-dow

• Posting Member
yeah i talked to the ps and he stated that if i wanted to do a combination then that would be ok so still scheduled for it on wednesday! im really excited about it im 21 and had the condition since i hit puberty so im really glad to be rid of it

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats and Good Luck!

GB

Offline ducci23

• Posting Member
 I had gland excision done in October (doc said it was very mild) but my nipples are still puffy. I'm actully going in again in 2 weeks for some lipo as it wasn't as flat as I'd like. He didn't want to do both at first because if he did too much you can't reverse it....seems lipo and excision are the way to go huh?

Will the lipo now help the puffiness to go down?

PS: I dont have original pics, but i will take some next week before i go in for my lipo/revision....

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
From what I've seen and experienced, lipo + excision is definitely the way to go.  Excision-only has worked on some people here, but I can't think of anybody who was satisfied with lipo-only because it just doesn't work.  Hope your surgery went well.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline ta-dow

• Posting Member
surgery went well havent seen the results yet but going in on tues for a follow up he told me everyone said it looked great so i hope thats honesty and not just him trying to make me feel better or himself rather haha he did do lipo and exicision so im hoping for the best ill post some after pics on tuesday when i see for myself.

Offline ta-dow

• Posting Member
ok i just snuck a peak and it looks great! i have a flat chest now! its a little different tho because im not used to it but i sure will be in time there is almost no swelling either

Offline roflcopter

• Posting Member
Took a few days for me to swell up. 7 weeks post OP and still a little swollen on the outside bottom of my chest. Still doesn't look as good as it did the day after surguery but the swelling will obviously go back down. I had lipo only and am pretty happy with the results.

Offline deanwrx

• Posting Member
I had lipo only surgery close to 5 months ago. The Dr. initially said he would do lipo and excision, but after surgery, he said he was able to remove the gland with lipo and did not do excision. I still have puffy nipples (especially my left one). He tells me the puffiness is swelling. Is there any possibility that he is telling the truth? I'm trying to figure out what to tell him in order to fix this.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
i have pseudo-gyne, so no glandular tissue (well, on examination the doc said he cant feel a breast disc, only fat) and am scheduled for lypo only. so for me, will that be ok or should i talk to the surgeon about excision too?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024