Author Topic: scar creams vs. silcone sheets?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Hi fellas, was wondering if any of you could give me some feedback on dealing with the surgical scars?  For the last 2 weeks I've been putting vitamin e around the scars on my nips, however a few days ago I bought some Elastoplast silicone strips (damn expensive), which I am putting over the two small scars positioned below and outwards from the nips (which was from the lipo I believe). Anyhow, I noticed there is "scar scream" available at shopper's drug mart, and I have also heard really good things about Mederma, though I have not been able to find it anywhere.

What do most of you use? Can we get a survey?

Oh I almost forgot, before I bought the vitamin e I was using aloe vera...so I've tried a few different alternatives!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:36:29 AM by mtl99 »

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
i got the scar gel ur talking about, and then went to my dr. for a followup and told him id bought it, and he said the silicone sheets are better, more likely for good results...so i have a 7/8 tube of scar gel im thinking of putting on ebay...

and for rubbing, i just use a vit E gel sold at shoppers in a big ass pump bottle, its in the sunburn/tan aisle

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024