Author Topic: Being discrete  (Read 972 times)

Offline gotgyne

I'm quite sure that the teasing would have stopped after a short time. It's not so much the breasts but the moving and flopping around of them that leads to teasing. With a good sports bra this would be gone. The same with a normal bra for the days without PE. The sad side of it is that most of you (except Sophie who started to wear a bra as a teenager) had lost so much time, even decades, coming to terms with your breasts.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I'm quite sure that the teasing would have stopped after a short time. It's not so much the breasts but the moving and flopping around of them that leads to teasing. With a good sports bra this would be gone. The same with a normal bra for the days without PE. The sad side of it is that most of you (except Sophie who started to wear a bra as a teenager) had lost so much time, even decades, coming to terms with your breasts.
Some people who hear my story and say something like " OMG 😲 ,you had to wear a bra when you were 12? It must have been so difficult to deal with." I am grateful that I wore a bra to help manage the actual issue. 

At the time, there were only accommodations for boys and girls. My penis said boy, but my boobs and hips were all girl. It was decided that I was excused from PE and I took an elective in Health Occupations in its place. I was the only male in the class.

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Some people who hear my story and say something like " OMG 😲 ,you had to wear a bra when you were 12? It must have been so difficult to deal with." I am grateful that I wore a bra to help manage the actual issue.

At the time, there were only accommodations for boys and girls. My penis said boy, but my boobs and hips were all girl. It was decided that I was excused from PE and I took an elective in Health Occupations in its place. I was the only male in the class.

♥️Sophie♥️
Wow, I had very wide hips and boobs but still had to endure PE and locker room showers. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member

It was decided that I was excused from PE and I took an elective in Health Occupations in its place. I was the only male in the class.

♥️Sophie♥️
Wow, what a fantastic outcome! I almost cry every time I read about the harsh treatment of what many people here endured at school, being on the skins team etc., even though it wasn't an issue for me. You were so lucky to be in such an understanding school environment!

Offline Justagirl💃

It was decided that I was excused from PE and I took an elective in Health Occupations in its place. I was the only male in the class.

♥️Sophie♥️
Wow, what a fantastic outcome! I almost cry every time I read about the harsh treatment of what many people here endured at school, being on the skins team etc., even though it wasn't an issue for me. You were so lucky to be in such an understanding school environment!
I can only remember being selected on the skins team once. 
I reluctantly removed my shirt and the laugher started. 
The coach had me put my shirt back on and I never went on the skins. 

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Well, back then, sports bras were just starting to become popular with the girl athletes, but most of us just wore a regular bra for school. They wouldn't have the girls play 
" shirts and bras".

The school didn't think that it would be a good idea to have me in the boys or girls locker room.

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline blad

In one rotating PE elective basketball class I remember were two girls on an otherwise all boys group.

Of course we had shirts and skins with me on the skins as usual.

One girl was designated to the shirt team and one to the skins team; but of course the girl on the "skins" team was able to leave her shirt on and we just remembered what team she was with.

So I am running around the basketball court bouncing away and receiving the usual "you need a bra" comments while anyone else with boobs had a bra on and their shirt.

If I could at least have had a bra on to contain the bouncing display.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 05:16:22 PM by blad »
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Blad,
I can only imagine how uncomfortable you must have been. I am truly sad yo hear this. You and I have spoken before about how your  breasts were known about but more or less ignored by your mother. I am glad that you have found the support and have chosen to keep what you were blessed with.

Its places like this and conversations like this one that is helping men be comfortable both physically and mentally with wearing a bra. I was fortunate enough to have my mother help me with what I had and taught me that having breasts and wearing a bra was not the worst thing in the world. There was no reason to be ashamed of who I was. Half of the world wears a bra everyday. I have as a man and as a woman. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Johndoe1

When I was in school, I wished I had known of sports bras. My bra journey would have started then. I know all to well having my chest bouncing all over the place and others bullying me because of it. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

Wow, taking the trash out my neighbor stopped to ask me, "where do you get a bra that fits?"

I told him to go into Torrid and the girls will get him sorted.
He won't go there for a fitting, so I went and grabbed my tape.

54B is his starting point. He will buy one at Walmart to try out.

That was unexpected today. 😉

p.r.1974

Faith in humanity restored a bit! Thank you! U am glad that your neighbor was able to speak up, and that you were able to assist him on his path!

BodyPos34B

Agreed Busty. If one’s breasts have gained volume and shape and size enough to be obvious as breasts then why be so tied up in how it may seem or feel to be in a bra around others. It’s an honest concern and justified insecurity. But if one’s breasts are causing discomfort I find it’s better to risk the discomfort of being seen in a bra and having an opportunity to educate as to why. 

Especially if around everyone who is well aware of your growth and personality and just self. The judgment we fear is often never there because people around us are already aware if they are noticeable to that point. And respect us hopefully enough to either respect what they see and put two and two together as a I was wondering when he’d finally wear one. Or respectfully ask about it without judgment and insult and instead be educated that sometimes this is just a preferred option for men. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024