Author Topic: 4 MONTHS POST OP - DAMN SCAR TISSUE!  (Read 11333 times)

Offline MSJ108

I am four months post op and almost all my scar tissue and swelling is down. However, I have one section of what I believe to be scar tissue behind and above my nipple that just will not dissapate! I massage it everyday and I am trying to be patient but its very annoying. The scar tissue (what I believe to be) is actually causing my nipple to poke out and look puffy. It is the most noticeable when I raise my arm. The scar tissue causes a major puffy appearance. If the scar tissue is not gone by month the 6th month post op, I am leaning toward injections to remove scar tissue. Anyone have any personal experience on this they could share with me? Thank you.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
I am four months post op and almost all my scar tissue and swelling is down. However, I have one section of what I believe to be scar tissue behind and above my nipple that just will not dissapate! I massage it everyday and I am trying to be patient but its very annoying. The scar tissue (what I believe to be) is actually causing my nipple to poke out and look puffy. It is the most noticeable when I raise my arm. The scar tissue causes a major puffy appearance. If the scar tissue is not gone by month the 6th month post op, I am leaning toward injections to remove scar tissue. Anyone have any personal experience on this they could share with me? Thank you.

Sorry to kind of go off topic for a second but why is scar tissue caused? Seems like lots of people get it, and it seems like lots of people are disappointed with results because of it? Does it have to do with the way the surgery is performed? Or the way you recover ?
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems post surgery. I would definitely say that injections are a reasonable to start. If that does not fix the problem, it is more than likely it is because of retained breast tissue and revision surgery will be necessary.

Dr. Dr. Cruise
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I am having scar tissue issues as well (4 months post-op).  I expected that I would have these problems and plan to do the same as you.  When my 6 month follow-up visit comes along, I'm going to suggest injections to break down the tissue.  My left side looks better than my right.  It's VERY hard being patient.  People weren't kidding when they said that the first year post-op is the worst part of the whole sugery process

Offline MSJ108

Quote from: Dr. Cruise link=topic=15695.msg109339#msg109339 date=1222123293
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems post surgery. I would definitely say that injections are a reasonable to start. If that does not fix the problem, it is more than likely it is because of retained breast tissue and revision surgery will be necessary.

Dr. Dr. Cruise

Thank you for the reply. I am pretty confident it is the scar tissue causing the issue. I can feel hard "band" of tissue that runs up my chest. This hard band was not there prior to surgery. Other than that things look great!

Offline MSJ108

I am having scar tissue issues as well (4 months post-op).  I expected that I would have these problems and plan to do the same as you.  When my 6 month follow-up visit comes along, I'm going to suggest injections to break down the tissue.  My left side looks better than my right.  It's VERY hard being patient.  People weren't kidding when they said that the first year post-op is the worst part of the whole sugery process

Yup patience is tough!  ;D

Offline MSJ108

Sorry to kind of go off topic for a second but why is scar tissue caused? Seems like lots of people get it, and it seems like lots of people are disappointed with results because of it? Does it have to do with the way the surgery is performed? Or the way you recover ?

Nothing that can be done about scar tissue as far as I know. It is natural body response to the trauma of surgery.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

Nothing that can be done about scar tissue as far as I know. It is natural body response to the trauma of surgery.

Is scar tissue the same thing like the gland...that causes the boob affect again? Also is it something that goes away or is it something that if not treated will stay there forever.

Quoting Dr. Bermant
"However, skill of the surgeon and surgical technique are even more critical for outcome."

He replies with that answer in lots of scar tissue topics.... I guess surgeon skills do play a factor.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:15:02 AM by Copespo »

Offline MSJ108

Is scar tissue the same thing like the gland...that causes the boob affect again? Also is it something that goes away or is it something that if not treated will stay there forever.

Quoting Dr. Bermant
"However, skill of the surgeon and surgical technique are even more critical for outcome."

He replies with that answer in lots of scar tissue topics.... I guess surgeon skills do play a factor.

Scar tissue is not gland. Scar tissue should go away on its own but it could take up to a year  :o

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

Quoting Dr. Bermant

Scar tissue is not gland. Scar tissue should go away on its own but it could take up to a year  :o

Wow thats a long time....any pics of scar tissue here? is it noticeable?

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Scar tissue can be dissolved with the injections of K.

Not always works, but can be on some patients very effective.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
The rate in which your body recovers from an operation changes depending on lots of things for example your diet, whether your treating it with any oil (e.g. Bio Oil) and theres lots of other facts. It can take up to a year for the scar tissue to go, but hey you've lived with it for far longer then a year ... so dont get too worked up about it!

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
IS scar tissue so big that it looks like a BOOB? YOu guys who are post op make it seem like its gyne all over lol

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Yes. The scar tissue can make your chest look exactly like it did before the operation.  It can be extremely discouraging.

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
Does it always go away, or is it hit or miss?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024