Author Topic: scared shitless  (Read 2800 times)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
i just took my tape off m y nipples because they were coming off in the shower...my first look at the scars actually and im a bot worried about one side....

it looks like the scar is a little bit raised??? anone else have this problem???doe sit go away???

im 7 days post op

Offline ozboy83

• Posting Member
I'm 14 days post op, and I can feel that it is raised where an incision was made.

I think you're all good. Will your PS see you again soon? If so, I reckon you'll be right.

My PS saw mine the other day, and said for me to come back in 6 months. He was really pleased with it. I think it's got a long way to go. 7 days is way too early to be getting worried about anything!

Ozboy83

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
7 days is way too early to be getting worried about anything!

x2...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
thanks for the reply guys....i cleaned the wound up with a shower and it isnt looking too bad at all...from 3m away u can tell a thing

yeh mine are a little raised but from wat i have heard on this diiscussion board is that its the scar tissue underneath and with time and massage it can go away...

i had some loose skin and it still seems a little loose...how long doe sthis take to come tite again? (it wasnt much loose skin)

i have an appointment with PS  (post op) in 6 days time

Offline flex1appeal

Loose skin can take months to a year to retract fully depending upon the case. I have loose skin I am still working on getting rid of from surgery last november and I am a lean bodybuilder. Working out has helped me tighten up a ton though. Without the gym, I probably would be looking at 2-3x longer for it to retract fully if at all. best of luck!

flex

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Loose skin can take months to a year to retract fully depending upon the case. I have loose skin I am still working on getting rid of from surgery last november and I am a lean bodybuilder. Working out has helped me tighten up a ton though. Without the gym, I probably would be looking at 2-3x longer for it to retract fully if at all. best of luck!

flex

i was referred to another ps by my ps, and he said i have loose skin....so it DOES retract over time???  i have serious doubts.....i bought some jergens skin firming lotion too to put on....never ending

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
yeh im also very lean....gym all the time...

i didnt have heaps of loose skin...it mite still be swelling...im 7 days post op so could be that

Offline flex1appeal

flex

i was referred to another ps by my ps, and he said i have loose skin....so it DOES retract over time???  i have serious doubts.....i bought some jergens skin firming lotion too to put on....never ending

It all depends in you severity. My loose skin was minor compared to others. If you, for example, are someone who lost an extreme amount of weight in a short time (say 150lbs lost), more than likely you have an abundant amount of skin and it probably won't retract much at all. In this scenario, surgery would be your only option. My skin was minimal. So I should see it retract fully over time. But even still, it is taking a long time even with my persistent work in helping it along. Letting it retract on it's own is probably going to get you no where quickly. Working out and dieting are a sure way to help speed the process without surgery. The space where gyne once occupied can be replaced by muscle.

Offline ozboy83

• Posting Member
When I showed my brother my chest post op he said "It's good. A blind man on a gallopping horse wouldn't notice!" There ya go. There's some encouragement for you too!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024