Author Topic: ADOLESCENT GYNECOMASTIA ON "THE DOCTORS" TV SHOW MAY 10th  (Read 8449 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What I can't believe is that in this day and age of high-tech medical science and information, GP's are still telling their young pubescent male patients that 'it' will go away on it's own in a few months/years, and not to get worried about it. The physician should also be advising his/her patients that there is a possibility that it won't resolve itself naturally, and that they may need medical intervention to correct the condition...

However, we do have the Internet now, and most young boys/men who are burdened with the condition can do their own research on the topic and get the necessary medical treatment...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Violating

• Posting Member
THANK YOU DR JACOBS FOR APPEARING ON THE SHOW!

with that evidence I convinced my parents to meet with you,
and my appointment is on the 28th,
I cannot wait to get these things off of me,

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Violating

Looking forward to meeting with you and your folks!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
What I can't believe is that in this day and age of high-tech medical science and information, GP's are still telling their young pubescent male patients that 'it' will go away on it's own in a few months/years, and not to get worried about it. The physician should also be advising his/her patients that there is a possibility that it won't resolve itself naturally, and that they may need medical intervention to correct the condition...

However, we do have the Internet now, and most young boys/men who are burdened with the condition can do their own research on the topic and get the necessary medical treatment...

GB...

My physician told me that it was going to go away. Yeah right! However, I do think that physicians did not know enough information back in the day to properly diagnose it. I would hope that this is not the case anymore, especially with all of these different programs educating them about it.

-Eric
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have tried to educate many of the pediatricians with whom I come in contact.  Unfortunately, many of them are still "old school" and like to tell their young male patients to diet, exercise and be patient -- and then their gyne will disappear. And it doesn't!

I have seen too many young men in their 20's who followed that same line of thinking -- and now wish they had had surgery sooner -- for they were severely affected by the presence of gyne during their entire teen years.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
True, Dr. J.

My former pediatrician knows what gynecomastia is now, fortunately. I went to him when I was about 7 till the age of 18. He saw me before my surgery with you and after. Thankfully, any other poor adolescent that goes into him with the same condition will not get the same answers I got from him.

I can't tell you guys how many males I see everyday suffering from this condition! Do they know what they are suffering from and are they aware of the options available to them? Is this conditon being introduced in medical school, Dr. J?

-Eric

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024