Author Topic: lying about alchohol during consultation...  (Read 6344 times)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.

Not to be rude at all. I think anyone on these forums is here for information/advice, but honestly I think it's kinda freaky that you have a "plan" of how much you are going to drink...

It may not be a bad thing because your figures aren't that bad (bout 4-8 drinks 5 times a month) but idk I think that you shouldn't drink at all a few months after surgery...depending on what you'll be drinking, in one night you can put over 1500 extra calories in your system and I think after a surgery like that you want to be getting slim or staying slim if you already are..

Also, what kind of parties are you going to be going to... idk I go to the University of Florida and I can throw our parties into two categories:
1. Drinking game parties which you will probably not stick with your drinking plan.
2. Parties with less than 20 people, which you'll probably be stuffing yourself with junk food watching football, but at least there is less pressure on drowning yourself with alcohol.

I'm not ruling out drinking; I'm just thinking calorie-wise because I'm on a diet ( I went from 6-12 drinks on friday and saturday to nothing at all)

Also I wouldn't drink for the next few months after surgery...anytime you drink is time that your body spends detoxifying your bloodstream and not healing your chest.
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
u feel depressed the next morning when u wake up with a hangover and realize all the money u spent at the bar for no reason or the silly stuff u did while u were sauced haha

Sometimes it just isn't worth it...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
yea alcohol sows down fat loss.
but goin out for drinks once a week is ok if u have a good workou plan.  with me i stopped drinking beer (about 6 months in) and when i go out, 98% of my drinks are orange juice and vodka

and grandpa....i definitely feel u on it not being worth it. taking a break from alcohol is like becoming single again.......u have ALOT more money in ur pocket lol

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
GB is right on the mark, as usual.

You need to honestly make the distinction between Social Drinking: a glass of wine or a beer with dinner; binge drinking: drinking to the point of intoxication; and chronic drinking.

Either way, you must absolutely be fully honest with your surgeon.
Grandpa Dan

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
ok silly me. i won't need to tell my surgeon because i won't drink again. not until i'm 21 and probably not after. i've drank twice now, been drunk both times. i know what it's like, time to move on. i have too much to lose.

side note: 8 - 12 drinks (i think) from 7:30 to 10:00 friday. very drunk but i ate bread and chips and was totally sober by 12:00 and drove home. I remember as much of it as i would've if i didn't drink... meaning i didn't forget any to my knowledge. the day after i just felt a little like when you miss a night of sleep but i don't have light sensitivity, headache, stomach ache or anything. is there any reasonable chance i've done permanant brain damage at all with that binge? it was only 6 drinks the first tiem which was a month before. perhaps you guys who know more about this stuff than me can ease my worries or confirm them? thanks lol

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is there any reasonable chance i've done permanant brain damage at all with that binge?

Naw dude, doubtful that you've done any damage. The main damage that you should be concerned with is that to your liver... but that comes with prolonged abuse.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024