Author Topic: swelling/puffy  (Read 2010 times)

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
  • boobs=gone. nipples=puffy. NO!!!
had surg 2 and a bit weeks ago... heres what happened.

the bandage that the docs used - i was extremely allergic to, and had a rash so bad and itchy that i was blistering and getting hives... so we called the doc that was on call that night.. and he said to use a tensor bandage... a new one every 2 or so days, and that should be the same.

doc told me he "went to town" on me.. and tried to make things look as flat as possible and said things were looking good at an appointment one week after surg.. - told me to keep on the tensor... (no vest or anything?)

so now my problem is.. i don't think things look a whooole lot better..
is this normal? should i be concerned? how long does swelling last... and when you guys had it done.. did it look like it did before surgery for a while??

Thanks!
Surgery Complete!
April 14, 2005

Offline beigedickies

• Posting Member
In my case no, but then again my case wasn't as severe as some others.  Everybody's body is different.

I've heard other members here say how their chest's swelling caused it to look like a chest pre-op.  However, overtime (could be weeks, could be months) the swelling decreased.

Find Bambu and check his pics out.  In the days right after his op his chest was not flat and there was considerable swelling.  However over time his chest came out to look absolutely fantastic (in just a month).

Make sure to wear a compression vest or compression wrap around your chest to speed up the recovery process.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024