Author Topic: gland under left nipple  (Read 5220 times)

Offline ahmedballz

• Posting Member
Ok so my question is that the gland under the right nipple feels like a hard disk like i heard its supposed to, but the gland under the left nipple feels like it's broken up or smooshed up a little and it makes the left nipple stick out more and in a more circular shape i guess.

So i was just wondering if its normal, or if this would cause any complications if i choose to get the surgery done.

p.s. i can post pictures if it will help but i'd prefer not to.

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
post some pics so that we could help dude..  ;)

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
This asymmetry is not abnormal. Breast tissue can take on both a firm lumpy feeling or it can take on a soft spongy texture. Often it is different on either side of the chest. It will not affect the surgery as both of them need to be removed in order to correct the gynecomastia.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

DrBermant

Ok so my question is that the gland under the right nipple feels like a hard disk like i heard its supposed to, but the gland under the left nipple feels like it's broken up or smooshed up a little and it makes the left nipple stick out more and in a more circular shape i guess.

So i was just wondering if its normal, or if this would cause any complications if i choose to get the surgery done.

p.s. i can post pictures if it will help but i'd prefer not to.

The Mechanical Feeling or Examination of the Male Chest is not a good sign of gland vs. fat. Although gland tends to be firm and fat soft, gland can be soft and fat firm. There are fingers of gland extending through fingers of fat as you can see in the Anatomy of Gynecomastia. I is extremely common to have a difference on the two sides.

A more important issue is the evolution of what is going on. Swollen firm gland does change once the stimulation process has stopped. The gland goes from a firm mass to softer tissues. If this is what is happening, being patient and not rushing into surgery is usually the best first step because there is still a chance the swelling will go down enough that surgery would not be necessary. If the glands have not changed and that is their natural state, then no issue. But if one gland is resolving, sometimes the two glands change at different rates, waiting until stabilization is better.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024