Author Topic: Help finding a surgeon close to VA/WV/Wash. DC area for gynecomastia - 1 side  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Susan_peacerose

I am looking for a surgeon in the Washington DC area for my son who has gynecomastia on one side diagnosed 5 years ago by his pediatrician. It has not resolved (now at age twenty)

I am impressed by Dr. Bermant's in Chester, VA, credentials and experience. Richmond is nearly 3 hours from my home.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Susan, I have been on this site now for a little over 6 months. The surgeons in the USA that stand out as excellent for gynecomastia are Dr Bermant who you are aware of. Also Dr. Delgado in San Fancisco, and Dr. Wiener in Houston Texas. There may be others but these surgeons are the ones that come to my mind.

I understand your desire to get this done as close to home as possible. Everyone including myself would like avoid travel if possible, but finding a surgeon who is experienced in gyne surgery, and does excellent work, probably means driving for a day or taking a plane. All things considered, thats a small price to pay to have it done right the first time.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:12:58 PM by Merle »

Offline desi

• Gold Member
check out dr. saeed marefat, i got my surgery done 5 weeks back from him.

his website is www.drmarefat.com

any Qs, feel free to ask..
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline Susan_peacerose

Thanks for input...we'll check out the doc's suggested.

Offline Susan_peacerose

check out dr. saeed marefat, i got my surgery done 5 weeks back from him.

his website is www.drmarefat.com

any Qs, feel free to ask..

Offline Susan_peacerose

Desi,

Were you satisfied with the result from Dr. Marefat?
susan

Offline desi

• Gold Member
im pretty happy, there is still some swelling so i cant talk abt the results yet... in my opinion, get a consult with him , its free so u have nothng to lose, talk to roya as far as possible, they have a new office in arlington, close to ballston metro. speak with the doc and decide for urself. i highly recommend him.

also, i have left my contact details with them, so in case anyone wants to get a referral, i volunteered for it..

who knows they might end up giving u my contact details :)

good luck.. and let meknow if i cud be of any help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024