Author Topic: Time off work  (Read 4743 times)

Offline siqveland

• Posting Member
The consultant advised me to rest for a full month after I get my procedure done - including work she was saying???

I cant do that!!!

how long does it take to recover and be work fit afterwards??? Im only getting lipo done..

thanks guys

Offline serg

• Silver Member
I was told I could go back to work about 2 weeks after my op.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
I had my op on a wednesday....was back at work the following monday....didnt feel 100% but took no days off sick etc....

1 month...you'll be bored silly!

Offline siqveland

• Posting Member
yeah 1 month is tooooo long.... besides theres no chance they would let me take it off ... Il just have ot cope with 1 week off

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Also depends on how physical your work is.  If you work in an office then a few days off is ok.  If a more demanding job then i would say 2 weeks.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
I had the op Saturday and was at work Monday although it was a course so not much work then.  Its only a flesh wound.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
As above......one month is an inordinate length of time, for what is essentially not major surgery.....I felt crap for a couple of days...but it's amazing how quickly you regain movement etc!

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
I had one day off and then striaght back to work.  A bit tired on day 3 and 4 but then fine.  The biggest problem was I couldnt lift, drive the car or ride the motorbike so had to bus everywhere, but as an office job it was no problem.  The only thing is you can't disguise the fact you had some sort of operation as I was bangaed up and had some restictive movements.

Offline One

• Posting Member
I have been advised to take at least 10 days.  What stories have you guys made up to your work colleagues?  There's no way I'm telling them it's for gyne.  I'm going to tell them it's for an operation, but what can I say it's for?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
The best excuse seems to be to claim that you dropped weights on yourself / strained some muscles really badly for whatever reason. That can explain the lack of movement and whatever bandages / vest you may have on.

Just make sure you have your story straight first, to avoid any potential embarrassment.
etc.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
I'll second doddys excuse!

The old 'I dropped 100kg on myself whilst benchpressing' is quite plausible....unless fo course you've never lifted a weight before!

Offline One

• Posting Member
Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm going to say it's for an operation to remove a cyst/cist from my abdomen.  I'm going to need ovver a week off to recover.

Offline megocorp

• Posting Member
I have actually just had to swing another week off, i only booked 1 week annual leave. I just said i have had to have some tissue reomoved from my chest, nothing specific just said i was all bruised and could hardly get about.
That was cool. The DR said you really need 2 weeks to recover, i'm in a bit o pain so think he is bang on.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024