Author Topic: Surgery set with Dr. Pope for May 29th + Background  (Read 1835 times)

Offline ucfknight

Surgery set with Dr. Pope for May 29th + Background
Hey everyone! I hope I am putting this in the right forum. If I am not please move it to the appropriate one. I set my surgery date with Dr. Pope in Orlando, FL about 2 months ago and the date is quickly approaching! I have to say that it almost doesn't feel real. I have lived with this "condition" for as long as I can remember and I am so ready to finally start living my life.

Anyways! As far as my own background goes. I started seeing the typical "lumps" under my chest when I was about 12 years old. That's when a lot of the bullying started. I didn't fully understand what was going on at that time so I just accepted that it would eventually go away with time. Unfortunately, as many of the men on this forum know, it did not go away. Fast forward to high school, I started getting teased more about it but I've always been a pretty big guy(6'2'' 250 pounds) so it never got that severe. As I went to college I started having tests done because the tissue still wasn't going away. The worst part was the puffy nipples protruding through my shirt...

As I made my progression to college I started working out really seriously. I was able to go from 255 to 175 over a 2 year period. I was hoping that if I got that slim then I would have a flat chest. But I was wrong. I knew at this time point that I had to get more serious about researching the condition. I've been obsessing about it ever since. I probably think about my body 1,000 times a day and I'm really just tired of it. Fast forward to now and I decided that I'm finally going to do something about it.

I called Dr. Pope's office about 2 months ago to set up a consultation. I spoke with Lisa and man was it a smooth process. She is incredibly down to Earth and answered all my questions about the consultation process(I've also called her I don't know how many times between making the surgery date and now). As soon as I walked through the doors I felt incredibly comforted. The waiting room was nice and relaxing which I think is important because first impressions are important to me. Dr. Pope himself was very nice and down to Earth as well. He told me I would need a combination of lipo and gland excision which I expected. He answered all of my questions and believe me I had a lot to ask. Recovery time, what kind of results to expect,complications, etc.

I can definitely say that I am confident in my decision to go with Dr. Pope. His before and after pictures are excellent and he appears to be a perfectionist when it comes to his work which I think is very important quality to have in a plastic surgeon. When it comes closer to surgery time I will put up a pre-op picture. I have decent muscle formation in my chest and it seems that the majority of my issue is gland(very puffy nipples)and chest fat. If you guys have any more specific questions you can PM me/ask here. I won't be putting down cost of the surgery because I'm not sure if that is against the rules or not. But I'm happy with the cost and I truly feel like it is worth it.

Finally, sorry for the long post and if I left anything out. I'm heading out to work shortly so I was trying to fit this in before I have to leave. On a side now I just want to say how nice it has been to find this site and especially the forums. Most people I've seen on here are genuinely kind to one another and share in a strong sense of encouragement. I'll update after the pre-op visit in a few weeks. If you're thinking about getting the surgery I strongly suggest looking into Dr. Pope. Take care all!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024